Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: Direct me to the drama please

by marurun Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:10 pm

She felt run off by vocal detractors.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:15 pm

I know. Lisalover left for the same reason. As did another user whose user name is eluding me at the moment, unfortunately...
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
marurun

by marurun Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:34 pm

CFFJR wrote:I know. Lisalover left for the same reason. As did another user whose user name is eluding me at the moment, unfortunately...

The detractors in question were not calling names or hurling insults, but rather stating opinions that created an unfriendly environment for them. They felt unsupported and unwelcome. I was very torn. Nobody was saying anything that ran afoul of the site's rules, so aside from speaking up in support of them, I felt there wasn't anything I could do. No clear "ban-able offense," if you will. Had any of the mods warned or banned it would have been seen as moderator fiat. I consider it one of my failures as a mod on this site and as a GLBTQ ally. I only hope they have found friendlier forums.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:04 pm

Apple is a FB buddy of mine, she's doing well.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:00 pm

miked wrote:Edit: CRT, don't get me wrong I don't think the politics thread should go away or anything. We are people and everyone has opinions on many different topics, but it was certainly getting pretty ugly in there...

I do love the guides you make and have used a few of them, but sometimes they feel a bit too long and jumbled up. Maybe get an index going on or something?

I didn't care for the cussing over there either, no reason for it. Individuals should get warnings when they repeatedly do that. No, cussing does not make a post more important.

As to my Guides, I have most of them set to just one theme such as Xbox Hard Drive upgrade which yet has a Reply! Most are in the Guides section in the Board Index. Take a look at my Wii Gamecube Guide, I have indexed links in its OP.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

jp1
Next-Gen

by jp1 Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:10 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:
miked wrote:Edit: CRT, don't get me wrong I don't think the politics thread should go away or anything. We are people and everyone has opinions on many different topics, but it was certainly getting pretty ugly in there...

I do love the guides you make and have used a few of them, but sometimes they feel a bit too long and jumbled up. Maybe get an index going on or something?

I didn't care for the cussing over there either, no reason for it. Individuals should get warnings when they repeatedly do that. No, cussing does not make a post more important.

As to my Guides, I have most of them set to just one theme such as Xbox Hard Drive upgrade which yet has a Reply! Most are in the Guides section in the Board Index. Take a look at my Wii Gamecube Guide, I have indexed links in its OP.

Cussing? :roll:

Why should someone receive a warning for cussing?
darsparx
Next-Gen

by darsparx Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:18 pm

They shouldn't your right. But in what I remember constantly told to me "was family friendly" and langauge needed to be watched back in '13, it and the namecalling just doesn't seem to get the points across the way the respective users are doing it in that thread. Not to mention it's in a neverending cycle as it stands for what is discussed there. I've seen it loop quite frequently when I was paying attention because I half expected it post-election. It's just that the uncilvilized nature of several board members in that thread and others is why we lost people like Apple and Lisa. I personally enjoyed their personalities in the forum discussion since they often added some interesting points to them. I love the small community we have here but it is disheartening to see discussions turn that way and end up seeing certain board members banned or leave in the manners they do.
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
jp1
Next-Gen

by jp1 Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:27 pm

darsparx wrote:They shouldn't your right. But in what I remember constantly told to me "was family friendly" and langauge needed to be watched back in '13, it and the namecalling just doesn't seem to get the points across the way the respective users are doing it in that thread. Not to mention it's in a neverending cycle as it stands for what is discussed there. I've seen it loop quite frequently when I was paying attention because I half expected it post-election. It's just that the uncilvilized nature of several board members in that thread and others is why we lost people like Apple and Lisa. I personally enjoyed their personalities in the forum discussion since they often added some interesting points to them. I love the small community we have here but it is disheartening to see discussions turn that way and end up seeing certain board members banned or leave in the manners they do.

I certainly hope you aren't insinuating that I'm included in the "certain members" who ran off Apple and Lisa. You know, since I often spoke out in their defense.

I don't recall a time since I've joined the site that cussing in general was an "offense". You probably don't want to go around spamming cuss words in every sentence you type or throwing them in anyone's direction. Asking people to censor themselves because of a personal distaste for cussing is weak. Comparing it to the kind of things that ran off Apple and Lisa is even worse.

No, it doesn't make your post "more important" it also doesn't make it less important. Talk about sensitivity, good grief.
darsparx
Next-Gen

by darsparx Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:33 pm

No I'm not lumping you into that manner but it is a problem the board has(I just didn't want to mention names and single anyone out and let those responsible figure it out on their own). We'll go through spells where we're all happy and discussing things in a decent manner. But then something will happen and I was sure what it was when I remember seeing something up when those two left. Several discussions and the way they turned in the world thread is exactly why people like apple and lisa left though. Just seeing the name calling and other elementary level behavior in there alone is enough to turn anyone away. I know i'm not the best on controlling my cussing either, but I don't know, if some of that kind of stuff doesn't change I don't see any more reason that more people won't quit the forums.

I love it here but things like that are kinda turning me off...
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
jp1
Next-Gen

by jp1 Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:42 pm

darsparx wrote:No I'm not lumping you into that manner but it is a problem the board has(I just didn't want to mention names and single anyone out and let those responsible figure it out on their own). We'll go through spells where we're all happy and discussing things in a decent manner. But then something will happen and I was sure what it was when I remember seeing something up when those two left. Several discussions and the way they turned in the world thread is exactly why people like apple and lisa left though. Just seeing the name calling and other elementary level behavior in there alone is enough to turn anyone away. I know i'm not the best on controlling my cussing either, but I don't know, if some of that kind of stuff doesn't change I don't see any more reason that more people won't quit the forums.

I love it here but things like that are kinda turning me off...

Sorry to hear about that. I'm happy to make an effort to keep things PG-13 for those members who find curse words disturbing, all that's required is a polite request.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever