Direct me to the drama please

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Direct me to the drama please

Post by Sarge »

Ivo wrote:Is there also a Spidey transformer?

Why yes, yes there is.

TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

fastbilly1 wrote:But at the end of the day, we all signed up here to because of a love of retrogaming (or to make fun of noise). So lets get back to it.

HE'S SO TINY
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Sarge wrote:
Ivo wrote:Is there also a Spidey transformer?

Why yes, yes there is.

Now I want one...
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

I brought Mike into this site years ago because we were looking for N64 info. Then this site was great with a ton of people and great info. I don't visit nearly as often anymore as the site doesn't offer up enough of the great articles like it used to and even great things like the trade forums are essentially dead. I frequent NintendoAge a lot more often these days. Based on certain things done on this site and knowing he was getting fed up with things a year ago I'm not surprised he left.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

TSTR wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:But at the end of the day, we all signed up here to because of a love of retrogaming (or to make fun of noise). So lets get back to it.

HE'S SO TINY

No way. My license says I am 5'5"
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

65" of pure adorable :mrgreen:
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

jmbarnes101 wrote:I brought Mike into this site years ago because we were looking for N64 info. Then this site was great with a ton of people and great info. I don't visit nearly as often anymore as the site doesn't offer up enough of the great articles like it used to and even great things like the trade forums are essentially dead. I frequent NintendoAge a lot more often these days. Based on certain things done on this site and knowing he was getting fed up with things a year ago I'm not surprised he left.

I can't disagree here. Of course there's also the case that my BST just has crap though....but still don't see people really doing much with that sub-forum now a days...unless it's people posting here and there but that's about it.
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

I'm sorry Mike felt he had to leave. It's too bad that so many of our forum members have gotten so heated in the last couple years that they felt the need to either sign out for the last time, or they blew up and got themselves banned.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

jp1 wrote:Nothing wrong with being a redneck either. I know some really great guys who happen to be rednecks.

This is one of those points for me. I know you are using this in a playful manner, but having had people say this in a 100% serious way makes me unsure of how to take it. I think, if we replaced "redneck" with "queer", its obvious how this could be seen as offensive, along with other uses of "redneck".

Now, I chose "queer" because there is a somewhat similar path in how these words have changed in usage over time. At one point, both were considered offensive, and then later reclaimed to some extent by the people they were used against. I think many or most would argue "queer" was more offensive at its time as an offensive word, and I understand that. I'm using it as a comparison word, even if the level of offense isn't the same.

The level of offense is the same to me personally, and that is what makes it hard. Most people look at me and consider what they know about me, and unless I get lucky and get shoved in with "cowboy", I'm a stereotypical "redneck" to the bone. I would compare it (again, lessened levels in the eyes of many) to be a gay person who fits every stereotype of being gay- a part of your personality, both inborn and developed by the culture you chose- is just a joke or insult ammo for people to throw at you.
-------
Barring everything else, both for the good of the community and the site, I think we'd be well off following fastbilly's advice, and also focusing our energy into bringing in more articles, re-starting the podcast, etc.

One thought personally on that second point, we have some "guides" on the website hidden down in the subforums that I think could be handily made into articles for the site, with the writers permission. Secondly, I think we should consider writing articles as a group when need be, or it can be enhanced. With the Article subforum this idea has already been put forward. For example, if we're writing about emulation boxes (if that is something we ever wanted to touch on), someone might cover Retropie, someone might cover Wii Softmods, someone might cover OXbox, someone might cover PC/TV-PC boxes, someone might cover front-ends, etc.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
jp1
Next-Gen

Post by jp1 »

Actually Forlorn, I meant it quite sincerely. It's not some sort of slur in my neck of the woods.

Apologies if you found it offensive though.

@Fast, I'm sorry about Mike. I personally think that his leaving has colored your response. Was there really so much name calling or derogatory discussion? For the most part it seemed respectful. It certainly didn't seem unfairly sharp towards Mike who called Dsh "Soft as charmin."

Maybe me questioning that won't play well in my favor. I guess if I get banned, this isn't the place I thought it was.