Direct me to the drama please

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
akeley
8-bit

Re: Direct me to the drama please

Post by akeley »

BoringSupreez wrote:I guess it's obvious this site is on the way out, huh?

If you say so. I`m not sure what your measure is - amount of posts or new articles?
I`m not a regular but have used this site over the years so can`t say if it`s in "decline" or not.

Some thoughts:
-I disagree on the fact that there`s nothing left to discover. There is, only people may be unwilling to do so - for example there are thousands of "hidden gems" from microcomputer era. Also people could move out of their comfort zones a bit and try new platforms/genres - some folk are still stuck in their childhood choices.

-to some extent I can agree that the "forum model" suffered with the video killing the text star, which is a lamentable trend in general (I really loathe vids replacing screenshots or written tutorials) however not as much as to say there`s only a few active forums left: there`s plenty, only more specialized/niche ones. However I couldn`t care less if there`s a let`s play or some other "show" on the tubes - I`m strictly a reader, gimme ASCII any time, and if it means I`m stuck with fellow-minded greybeards then so be it ;) However I don`t think it`s always the case, there`s plenty of young`ins who use forums too.

-I hate cliques, even though these are a natural form of human socio-order. Unsure if this place suffers extensively from this malady, so far I haven`t detected it and I`m fairly sensitive. The fact that most posters are from Next Gen (btw, shouldn`t this hierarchy be reversed? ;) shelf is similar on most forums, by default.

-if mods ban people who are "disrupting the community" or "creating an unwelcome environment" then more power to them. I can`t stand forums where some high-post-count memebers are allowed to be assholes by the virtue of being a part of the furniture, whereas noobs are chastized.

neogaf (which is a cancer's cancer)

Here we`re 100% in-sync :D
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Bone, your argument can basically be reduced to "dang Millennials". ;) :lol:
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I am Bone not Boring!!!
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I am Bone not Boring!!!

Tokyo... Maine... same difference :lol:

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

edit; n/m
Last edited by Exhuminator on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

He means the little text section on the left side underneath our names which indicates our "level" here based on number of posts. Many of us are "Next-Gen".

When I joined here in 2011, I wasn't expecting much but this site got my interest back into retro gaming once again. I am an active participant in the forum and many of the Together Retro months.

Yes, I too confuse Supreez with Deez because of the B-S initialism. Their names, not the cuss word :lol:
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

ExedExes wrote:He means the little text section on the left side underneath our names which indicates our "level" here based on number of posts. Many of us are "Next-Gen".

Okay I see what he means now, gotcha.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I came in here thinking I'd be forwarded to some juicy internet drama and instead I just see a bunch of users smooching with words. Some reminiscing of days long gone. And all the while others are even having a reasonable discussion! Apparently I missed everything.

I'm not having it.

But as long as I'm here, how have y'all been?
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:But as long as I'm here, how have y'all been?

I'm doing well. I went for a nice walk this morning on a stretch of park that used to be old train tracks. Google search something called the High Line in NYC.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Just to be clear, the posts from April 1st aren't jokes, correct?
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP