Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
mas
Next-Gen

Just wanted to share something with my fellow members

by mas Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:24 pm

Some 16 weeks ago I started a journey. A journey to be and get better in myself by going on a diet program. I started out with a 40 inch waist and was 242-245 depending on what day or what I ate. Now I had the former body builders body. Chest deflating and arms shring with a beer gut coming along but no beer so to say. It was mostly food.
I started to get back into the lifting and started to eat smaller foods and meals and was starting to go down to 229. I felt great and was getting back in shape. Then my brother dies on aug 27. As of that day I have had an emptiness in my heart since and I know it will never heal till I meet him again.

After Rich died I got into a little depression and gave up on the diet and health till my wife made me see my doctor. See in a years time or 10 month's time I have lost my uncle butchie, my uncle frank, and rich and was all due to the heart and heart attacks. My grandmother also died of heart failure in 94. So I promised my family to get checked.

When I went in I weighed at 236. my doctor told me my heart is ok for now but my cholesterol is bad and tryglicoroids ?( if that's how you spell it) and glucose levels are not good. He wants me to lose 30 pounds by jan 18 and with the holidays coming and Halloween was upon me no way I can do it. I told him how because I have a lot of muscle. He tells me I have a lot of fat lol. I laughed. I had to that was funny but true. He says if I don't take care of myself then I could get diabetes's and live on cholesterol pills for the rest of my life.

So now I'm just updating and letting everyone know where I'm at. Since October 17, I am now at 223. I lost the 40 inch waist and now am down to a 36. I feel strong again and I did have money saved for the tg16 everdrive and or maybe a couple of sms games but I bought parts and accessories for my bowflex.

I feel really good and just wanted to share it. Its not as cool as finding a neo geo for like ten dollars but I feel great and hopfully by December I will start to see some abs. I don't want ravishing rick rude abs but I want a smaller waist and toned down. Besides who wants a 40 year old with abs lol
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Re: Just wanted to share something with my fellow members

by foxhound1022 Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:36 pm

Good stuff, mas. I hope you keep on your track of obtaining both good physical and mental health.
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:47 pm

Hell yeah mas! I'm on the same journey, eating right and starting to work out. I've lost over 9 lbs in a month, down to 223.

I'm also done smoking. Haven't had one since last night. Over 12 hrs in and feeling great about it. My health and my wallet can't handle it anymore, among other reasons.

Time to level up those stats, y'all!
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

by Thierry Henry Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:48 pm

Awesome, mas! Image

*sending positive vibes to you, all the way from South Africa*
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
JoeAwesome
128-bit

by JoeAwesome Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:59 pm

mas wrote:Its not as cool as finding a neo geo for like ten dollars but I feel great and hopfully by December I will start to see some abs.

The sooner you quit worrying about game finds being cool, the better. Good luck with your diet program, though.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:03 pm

Awesome work, mas. Getting back in shape is a lot of work (and it hurts a lot too). It will undoubtedly improve every aspect of your life, however.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

by samsonlonghair Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Good for you, mas!
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:01 pm

I knew some of this in advance already but not all the details. Good on you buying those parts, far better working it all out instead of just your thumbs. :D

A year ago I had my health problem and dropped nearly 20lbs and took a little off since that too. They at my work have a yearly health check (or they deduct pay) due at the end of August. I had a similar problem a year earlier, but the check this year everything was vastly improved just from that where it was all in the green. Similar failings, similar improvement, just a different kick off and path to it.

Keep at it, you'll be fine. ...then get the everdrive.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:11 pm

Very cool mas.

Have you looked into DDP Yoga at all? Love that program.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:33 pm

We all are pulling for you here, mas (and can relate to hard times).

As, far as working out, I like to do so while either listening to music or putting on an old cartoon (22 minute shows are perfect; am currently watching through Duck Tales for my purposes). Nothing profound, as most people probably do similar, but helps facilitate the habit (does for me anyways).

Otherwise, exercise comes much easier if you do something that you like. I've never had a Bowflex, but as long as you find a way to enjoy your time, it fits into the day quite nicely.
...just another lost soul...
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever