Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
J T
Next-Gen

Re: The 2016 October Horror Marathon

by J T Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:13 pm

noiseredux wrote:I liked season 1 a lot and then suddenly - just felt sick of it. I don't know. Got a little too goofy for me I guess. Chad was the best character on there, though. And I love Emma Roberts in everything she's in.

Emma Roberts is the perfect Chanel. I love to hate her. Did you know that the Chanel with the earmuffs (Sadie aka Chanel #3, played by Billie Lourd) is Carrie Fisher's daughter? She wears the earmuffs as an homage to her mother's role as Princess Leia.

This year, I've decided to read a horror novel, which I haven't done for one of these Halloween extravaganzas yet. Since Exhuminator gave Under the Skin (the movie) such a strong recommendation, I've decided to read the novel that has been sitting on my shelf for awhile. I'm three chapters in. So far the creepy factor is high. That woman is a black widow! I like Scarlett Johansson, but I think she is too sexy for the role. In the book, Isserley is a short, boney woman with no chin who has to rely on her breasts to attract men into her web since there isn't much else going for her. Nevertheless, I will watch the movie once I finish the novel and see how it compares.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:16 pm

Ack wrote:Unfortunately I have not, but Backcountry seems to be part of a slate of killer bear movies in the last few years. It along with Grizzly Rage, Bear, Unnatural, Into the Grizzly Maze, and Grizzly Park have all come out in the last decade.

Don't forget The Revenant. The scene where the bear attacks Leonardo DiCaprio is, well, grizzly.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:19 pm

Killer bear movies actually sound kind of fun haha, I always dig forest locations and that small town vibe.
Ack

by Ack Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:21 pm

I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:29 pm

J T wrote:
noiseredux wrote:I liked season 1 a lot and then suddenly - just felt sick of it. I don't know. Got a little too goofy for me I guess. Chad was the best character on there, though. And I love Emma Roberts in everything she's in.

Emma Roberts is the perfect Chanel. I love to hate her. Did you know that the Chanel with the earmuffs (Sadie aka Chanel #3, played by Billie Lourd) is Carrie Fisher's daughter? She wears the earmuffs as an homage to her mother's role as Princess Leia.

This year, I've decided to read a horror novel, which I haven't done for one of these Halloween extravaganzas yet. Since Exhuminator gave Under the Skin (the movie) such a strong recommendation, I've decided to read the novel that has been sitting on my shelf for awhile. I'm three chapters in. So far the creepy factor is high. That woman is a black widow! I like Scarlett Johansson, but I think she is too sexy for the role. In the book, Isserley is a short, boney woman with no chin who has to rely on her breasts to attract men into her web since there isn't much else going for her. Nevertheless, I will watch the movie once I finish the novel and see how it compares.

Yes Billie Lourd was my other fav and knew all about her. I just love Emma Roberts in general.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:32 pm

Ack wrote:Hey, hey, TSTR...

You ready?

The final installment and a remaster of the original?

Be still my heart.
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:41 am

I am so unbelievably beyond ready for the final showdown with the Tall Man. :D Also stoked on that remaster. Hope it comes near me at some point. Remaster playing in Charlotte tomorrow, supposedly, but fuuuuck that rn. Might not even happen, idk.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:23 am

how many Phantasms were there? I don't think I've seen beyond the second.
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:36 am

4. RAVAGER will be the 5th and final.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:56 am

related: I really miss when movies and games and the like were just numbered. Like, I cannot keep track of the names of Resident Evil movies - I just call them "the first one," "the 2nd one," and so on. Or the new Blair Witch movie is the third one. And it's not a remake. But it's just called Blair Witch? Why? It's just stupid. Call it Blair Witch 3. Or Blair Witch 3: The Woods if you need a sub-title. Stop making things confusing for consumers! And who are these fucking kids on my lawn?! I have to go! "HEY YOU KIDS! THAT'S IT! I KEEP IT NOW!"
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever