The 2016 October Horror Marathon

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

The 2016 October Horror Marathon

Post by Ack »

Welcome to the 2016 October Horror Marathon thread, complete with craptacular MSPaint artwork!

While the games are already covered here, the movies, costumes, music, events, and other media can all be covered here!

So let's get this October started right! What are your upcoming plans for the month? What movies will you be watching? What ghosts will you be raising? What skeletons in the closet will you be pulling out and showing off?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: The 2016 October Horror Marathon

Post by noiseredux »

we (like others here) started early since a month isn't really long enough. We already watched The Boy and I Know What You Did Last Summer over the weekend, and we're three or four episodes into Ash Vs Evil Dead.

We have a partial list of stuff we'd like to watch this month but I don't have it handy right now. Will post here later.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Is Ash v Evil Dead available streaming somewhere? Do you need to have seen all the movies for it to be worth watching?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Stark wrote:Is Ash v Evil Dead available streaming somewhere?

no. I bought the BR.

Do you need to have seen all the movies for it to be worth watching?

Not really. If you have basic knowledge of the character of Ash or the concept of the movies, you are all set. There's lots of flashbacks to the original movies that kind of connects the dots.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Ash VS Evil Dead was on Starz, and they have a streaming site, but it is not free unless you already have Starz. It's perfectly enjoyable without being familiar with the Evil Dead franchise, but it does make some call backs that will make an Evil Dead fan smile, particularly in the last few episodes of the season. I would recommend watching Evil Dead 2 first, then Ash VS Evil Dead, so you are a bit more hip to the inside jokes.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

I should probably just watch them before I'm publically shamed by noise.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Stark wrote:I should probably just watch them before I'm publically shamed by noise.

if you feel like just watching some movies will prevent that, then yeah go for it.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

noiseredux wrote:
Stark wrote:I should probably just watch them before I'm publically shamed by noise.

if you feel like just watching some movies will prevent that, then yeah go for it.

You havent seen any of the Coffin Joes yet.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

The season premiere of Scream Queens 2nd season aired last night. I loved the first season, so I am excited to have it back. The first episode was a lot of exposition to explain the hospital set up, but as long as Chad Radwell and Denise Henfield are back, I'm happy. Those characters are hilarious.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

J T wrote:The season premiere of Scream Queens 2nd season aired last night. I loved the first season, so I am excited to have it back. The first episode was a lot of exposition to explain the hospital set up, but as long as Chad Radwell and Denise Henfield are back, I'm happy. Those characters are hilarious.

I liked season 1 a lot and then suddenly - just felt sick of it. I don't know. Got a little too goofy for me I guess. Chad was the best character on there, though. And I love Emma Roberts in everything she's in.