Ack

Re: The 2016 October Horror Marathon

Post by Ack »

Oh dude, JT's pumpkin has an STD.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I don't appreciate that you made a Jack-o-lantern out of my ex-girlfriend.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

HERPUMPKIN
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

We finished strong this year. After watching The Corpse Bride with our children on Friday, we watched:

Child's Play (1988) on Saturday night. It is a perfectly cheesy, 1980s horror film featuring a great antagonist and a few too many giant explosions (if that were even possible). It is also tremendously fun, and it even has a few truly creepy sequences. (The final confrontation with Chucky is just outstanding.)

Last night, we watched:

Hellbound: Hellraiser II (1988). Like The Empire Strikes Back, Hellraiser II it is one of the rare sequels that makes the original movie better. The surreal story, the extreme gore effects, the wonderfully designed puzzle boxes, and everything else about this movie just works wonderfully. (OK...almost everything...some of the sets are a bit flimsy.) We both loved it, and despite some of its reviews, I cannot recommend it highly enough.

prfsnl_gmr's 2016 List of Unspeakable Horrors!

TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

I watched NIGHT OF THE DEMONS and HALLOWEEN last night. It was awesome. Made some folks who hadn't seen NotD before watch it, they enjoyed it. LOTS OF BOOOOOBS
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

I need to do a proper final post but the 3 family friendly movies I watched to wrap up the month were:
- Goosebumps (2015)
- Hocus Pocus
- Hotel Transylvania

I was pleasantly surprised by Goosebumps after some of the reviews. Sure, they try to throw in too many creatures/characters into one movie but it had us saying "remember that one!" ... "oh, I remember that cover but can't remember the title" ... "uh, must've not read that one." :) overall a fun movie.

Hocus Pocus is a classic. I honestly didn't know it was Disney after all these years I've watched it. I'm surprised they don't do more with those charcaters around Halloween.

Hotel Transylvania is a clever DreamWorks CGI movie with the whole Adam Sandler gang. I enjoy this one & appreciate the nod to most of the popular monsters. I recommend it for anyone with kids looking for some Halloween fun.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

It lives!!!!

Last night, my wife an I watched I Am The Pretty Thing That Lives In The House (2016). It is a Netflix original horror film directed by Osgood Perkins. It is a slow-burn haunted house film that compares favorably to The Haunting and The Innkeepers. Although it ultimately does not reach the heights obtained by either of those films, it is still tremendously fun and dripping with atmosphere. I enjoyed it immensely, and I think that other fans of the genre will too.