NFL Thread 2016

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: NFL Thread 2016

Post by stickem »

Ack wrote:As a Falcons fan, I admit that I wanted the Cowboys to win so we'd get to play them over the Packers...but after seeing him play in that game, Dak will be a force to be reckoned with. Dak did a great job, and it was a hell of a game to watch. Certainly way better than the Patriots/Texans game, and I enjoyed it more than watching the Steelers beat Kansas City.

The predictions seem to be for a Packers/Patriots Super Bowl this year.

the falcons d is alot better than the cowboys. you guys actually have a pass rush. and no way they contain julio and the other receivers. plus matty ice is just as hot as rodgers. should be a good game but i think the falcons pull away.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Holy shit, Falcons are going to the Super Bowl!
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

I didn't believe in them, and it's burned me on fantasy football this week. I was in 160th place in Yahoo's Champion of Champions contest... not so much now.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

This one's looking like it's gonna be tough for me to watch as a Panther fan. Dirty Birds > Pats though, all day.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

TSTR wrote:This one's looking like it's gonna be tough for me to watch as a Panther fan. Dirty Birds > Pats though, all day.

thought we were fam. :(
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

You know I still love ya, buddy! I just can't abide the Patriots, especially after the horror of SB XXXVIII.

I don't mind the Celtics, Red Sox, or Bruins though. :D
Ack

Post by Ack »

The nice thing about the Falcons playing the Patriots is that the Falcons have already exceeded my expectations for the year.

So if the Falcons lose, I can still be happy that they had such a phenomenal season considering their usual performance. This is only their second Super Bowl appearance ever after all. Teams from Atlanta just don't get to the final very often, and we've only ever won once: the 1995 World Series with the Atlanta Braves. So if we make it and don't pull it off, well, still better than usual. Plus, it's the Patriots. Tom Brady has how many Super Bowl rings?

And then there's the possibility that the Falcons beat the Patriots and win, in which case I will be flooding noise's inbox with SUCK IT emails.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Ack wrote:The nice thing about the Falcons playing the Patriots is that the Falcons have already exceeded my expectations for the year.

So if the Falcons lose, I can still be happy that they had such a phenomenal season considering their usual performance.

agreed. I was actually very surprised and impressed with their win yesterday. Much props.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I'm not sure why people are surprised. They've been great the whole year. Matt ryan is an mvp canidate. They've been flying under the radar, overshadowed by the overated cowboys. Actually atlanta was the team I was scared about them running into.