NFL Thread 2016

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
stickem
Next-Gen

NFL Thread 2016

Post by stickem »

Well since Luke is no longer around to start this, I thought I might as well get it going for the few of us here that watch football lol.

I'm pumped for week 1 to start. But my team, the cowboys are relying on a rookie, who has looked better than the first two qb's chosen in the draft, to lead the way. Add to the fact of all the dam drug suspensions on defense, this might be a long year.

My second team, since I live in nashvegas, the titans look pretty good running smash mouth football.

You got Bridgewater out for the season and the whole Kap situation, to me he's a jackass, bring on week 1.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: NFL Thread 2016

Post by noiseredux »

I still have to wait a week but I am pumped.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

It's almost time. With Jordy healthy and everyone back who matters it should be a good year for Green Bay. I hate to see anyone get hurt but Bridgewater's injury obviously helps as well. The Lions are saying they'll be better without Megatron which I find ridiculous and the Bears are the Bears.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I'm hoping Eddie lacy bounces back, he looks to be in better shape at least. He's been one of my keepers in fantasy football the last 3 years. So has megatron but that ship sailed I guess.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

I got Lacy in my Fantasy league this year too!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

So what's everyone's teams / league size / scoring settings for this year, if you're doing fantasy football? Here's mine:

12-team league, 0.5 PPR, Yahoo-standard otherwise

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: David Johnson
RB: Ryan Mathews
WR: Dez Bryant
WR: Amari Cooper
TE: Julius Thomas
FLEX: John Brown
K: Mason Crosby
DEF: Jets

Bench:

WR: DeSean Jackson
WR: Vincent Jackson
RB: LeGarrette Blount
RB: T.J. Yeldon
TE: Charles Clay
QB: Derek Carr

I'll actually have to do some adding and dropping since I'm not rostering a spare defense or kicker, and of course, Carr and Luck have the same bye week. I'm hoping I can swing a trade if Carr is still doing well by that time, preferably to a non-playoff team or one on the fringe.

I don't think it's a bad team, but I'm probably going to be hurt a bit because of running back depth (plus Mathews and his history of injuries), and no Romo with Dez, unless they uncork Dak a little more next week. (Dak is from my alma mater, so I'm rooting for him big time, despite not liking the Cowboys.)
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

10 team, 3 player keeper league. 1 point per 10 yards rushing, 1 point per 25 yrds passing, .5 receptions, standard scoring on td's. had alot of injuries last year, my best wr retired, and with 10 teams keeping the best 30 players not alot to work with. but i had 165 last week and won by 50 after yahoo said i'd go 0-13 and basically called me a dumbass in their analysis of my draft.

qb: carson palmer
rb: eddie lacey
rb: cj anderson
wr: brandin cooks
wr: jeremy maclin
wr: marvin jones jr.
te: jordan reed
flex: emmanuel sanders
kicker: dan bailey
defense: minnesota

bench
andy dalton
isaiah crowell
martellus bennett
mohamad sanu
t.j. yeldon
tajae sharpe (hoping its my diamond in the rough this year lol.)
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

This is my first league, so I don't know how to describe what kind it is. It is on NFL.com and there are 12 teams, in 2 divisions.

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Eddie Lacy
RB: Arian Foster
WR: Kelvin Benjamin
WR: Odell Beckham
TE: Travis Kelce
W/R: Eddie Royal
K: Dan Bailey
DEF: Arizona Cardinals

Bench:
QB: Tom Brady
RB: LeGarrette Blount
WR: Allen Hurns
TE: Jason Witten
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: LA Rams
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

That's a really good score. Dang. I put up 124, which isn't too bad, I suppose. John Brown and Dez didn't do squat for me, though. I swapped out my FLEX for Blount for right now, figure he's got a higher floor and touchdown potential, at the very least. Which, of course, means Brown will go off for over 100 yards and 2 TDs. :roll:

Currently, I'm projected to only go 4-10, but the losses are coming from all the bye-week players I'm going to need to fill in. I figure I'll make the playoffs, at any rate, I've done this for five years and only missed once, and managed to win our league once (I've come in third twice, fifth last year). I'm usually the highest-scoring team in our league, but I always have a run of bad luck when the playoffs hit. :P The one year I missed, it was when Julio Jones went down and I'd burned my top pick on him. I was in another league that year, though, as a guy to get them to an even number, and won their league. I wasn't invited back. ;)

I see some pretty solid teams here so far. :)
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I got lucky where most of my players scored like 20 apiece, except for lacey, even my bench. I guess the stars aligned that week. My projected was 114 lol.