NFL Thread 2016

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: NFL Thread 2016

Post by Sarge »

I think I took a QB a little too early. I snagged Luck because I didn't like any of the other RB/WR/TE options at that point in the draft. Felt like I was reaching too much for them. I always have sleepers and under-the-radar guys that I like to target, but I just end up missing out on a ton of them.

I was projected to do 114 the first week, too. That I ended up over projection even with Dez and Brown stinking it up is a minor miracle. I am hoping that David Johnson pays dividends all season long. I was leery of a few other top-notch RBs later, which is why I fell so far and ended up with Mathews. I wanted to snag LeVeon Bell, but the guy just ahead of me snagged him first. Doh!

Several years, I tend to target the absolute best tight end in the game, because the dropoff is so severe. Last year, Gronk slipped to me (drafting at the 12 spot), and needless to say I was gobsmacked that he was still there. The first year I played, it was Antonio Gates, and he was tremendous for me as well.

So, in non-fantasy stuff, who is everyone's favorite teams? I'm not sure I have one anymore. The "local" team for me would be New Orleans, about 4.5 hours away. Atlanta is about that far, too. But I've never been a huge fan of either, for whatever reason. I rooted for the Colts for years and years because of Peyton, and I detested the Patriots (partly because they kept beating the Colts!). The whole Spygate thing confirmed what I'd observed during the Super Bowl against the Rams, it felt like they'd sniffed out every play they ran. (I think Kurt Warner was awesome, big fan of him as well.)

Needless to say, I was rooting for the Broncos and Peyton last year (even though I think they did Tebow wrong, I think they should have kept him under Manning for a while), but now? I have no stinking idea who to root for, except for Dak with the Cowboys.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I go for the Falcons because I've always wondered how Cubs fans felt.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Ack wrote:I go for the Falcons because I've always wondered how Cubs fans felt.

And the Braves, too? Well, at least they broke through and won a World Series. ;)
Ack

Post by Ack »

Sarge wrote:
Ack wrote:I go for the Falcons because I've always wondered how Cubs fans felt.

And the Braves, too? Well, at least they broke through and won a World Series. ;)

I've been a fan of them for a lot longer, so I know that they can be good. The 1990s had some great years, with some great folks on it. Now...not so much.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

I'm a Seahawks fan since before they were good! I grew up in this area so I've seen a lot of crap over the years. :lol:
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

been a cowboys fan since the sorry danny white tony dorsett days. alot of my younger years i lived in texas so that's always been my team. sucks since jerry doesn't know how to build a team, particularly the defense side of the ball, and drafts projects, and players with a weed problem. yeah lets spend our top 5 pick on a rb when we signed alfred morris and then in the second round draft a player that won't step on the field this year or maybe ever. and i'm sorry, but i think dez bryant is the most over rated wr in the league. route running sucks and he disappears in games and and weeks. you don't see the other elite wr's get shut out as often as he does.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

As a Cowboys fan, what's your take on Dak? I'm hoping he can be the guy, but I wish he had more time to just learn. I'm a bit of a biased observer, which doesn't help.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Sarge wrote:As a Cowboys fan, what's your take on Dak? I'm hoping he can be the guy, but I wish he had more time to just learn. I'm a bit of a biased observer, which doesn't help.

that it's time to end the romo era. although i think he's good (never had a defense to help him out so i think he got alot of flack because his teams were always behind and he had to force it too many times), you cant trust him to stay healthy. every hit you fear he might be hurt, he's taken a pounding throughout the years.

i thought dak looked great in preseason. has the size, arm and seems to be well grounded and a student of the position. his line will have to be better. you can't ask him to throw 45 times as a rookie. he basically took what he could agaisnt the giants without making any mistakes. dez couldn't get open and dropped a td, beasley the same, terrance williams sucks. he was forced to check down alot and that sucks because we have the slowest te in the game lol. he'll be fine if he gets some dam help. i like the kid. open the play book for him. he kind of reminds me of donavon mcnabb
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

I'm not a Cowboys fan, but I thought he looked good. He's gonna have to score more than he did against a fairly terrible D then he did.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Holy guacamole. Matt Forte came in like a wrecking ball - though McCoy was a yawner. Got a good jump on my opponent this week.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."