NFL Thread 2016

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Omerta
Next-Gen

Re: NFL Thread 2016

Post by Omerta »

That's what I decided to go with as well. Hopefully someone else didn't snag Flacco on the waiver wire before me.

Tampa is giving touchdowns away like they're candy on Halloween - and that was my big draw to Siemian. Flacco is a bit more battle hardened and somewhat more predictable along with the fact that Baltimore just doesn't have their shit together when it comes to the run game... which should lead to a lot more pass attempts. CJ Anderson has the ability to take over and make his QB fantasy-worthless.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Okay, folks, need some opinions on team defenses for the long term. Here are the options I'm eyeballing:

Kansas City
Cincinnati
Buffalo

Oakland, Baltimore, Washington, and Miami are also available in my league, and above 20% owned. I'm currently employing the Jets, and I'm just not entirely sure if it's worth swapping out right now. I realize KC went off (and they're over 86% owned!), I just don't know how they look long term. Ditto the other two.

Anyway, if y'all have some advice, I'll take it. ;)
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

You can take a chance with cinny, they got the awful dolphins this week. Buffalo shut down Arizona last week, I know I had palmer and got shit from him. But the have new england this week, who know who they got at qb.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Long term anything is tough to predict. Stickem has some solid advice if you're streaming week to week.

Cincinnati and KC are the obvious choices if you're just sick of NYJ and need a change of scenery. Baltimore seems like a sleeper - they were extremely solid (fantasy-wise that is) last week and were overshadowed by the headline worthy Chiefs and Vikings. Oakland and Miami sound too squishy when you throw all of the other names into the mix.

I'd compare schedules before dumping the Jets. They are unfortunate enough to play New England twice a year - but so are the Bills. Cincinnati gets Big Ben twice a year which may be offset by the same amount of action from Cleveland. Chiefs get to lock horns with big name throwers like Rivers and Carr on a regular basis... and so on.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, someone snagged KC, but your reasoning on them was why I was wary. There's a lot of offensive firepower they'll be facing. Other than New England, there's not a lot of flamethrowers for NY. And even then, the Jets seem to play 'em pretty close.

Cincy is about the only one I'd think about at this point, but I'm not sure I've got anyone on my bench I want to drop right now. When this week is done, I can get rid of the kicker I got for my bye week, and we'll see what's available then.

Appreciate it, y'all. I'm just gonna stand pat for now.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

yeah i usually just swap out kickers and defense on bye weeks without much thought but the minnesota defense has got me so many points i might just have to drop a bench player instead on the vikings bye
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Yeah, I really wish I'd snagged the Vikes. I do wonder, however, if their offense is going to put them in some really bad situations at times, though. That's a concern I have with the Jets, too.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

A bad offense doesn't always put the D in a bad position. The Broncos have done it two years running with a less-than ideal QB situation and the Vikings are doing it now. With the exception of last week, Seattle has been leaning heavily on the D to stay alive as well.

On the other end of the spectrum, apparently grabbing good Quarterbacks with bad defense is a decent strategy. I'm thinking something like Brees or Rivers. They're constantly having to stretch the field and play catch-up which can lead to a big fantasy payoff.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I was thinking of drafting josh gordon in the mid rounds cause he's the best wr in the league, when he's playing lol. I was beat to the punch. After today's news, kinda glad I didn't waste a pick.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Oh, yeah, definitely not always, but that's for historically great defenses. I'm thinking more along the lines of "good" defenses. The Broncos are downright scary. That Super Bowl was a thing of beauty.