Adventurous/Urban Exploration Youtube channels, videos, etc

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Adventurous/Exploration Youtube channels

Post by fastbilly1 »

Xeogred wrote:My thread isn't in vain haha.

Like I said, if you guys want to jump into quality, This is Dan Bell is my favorite channel for this stuff. Full screen it and sink in.

I almost missed it. I am not an urban explorer, but I live it through others eyes. I cant wait till they start getting VR cameras down there.

Xeogred wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:Bionerd23 - a German radiologist who explores Chernobyl and Priypat
https://www.youtube.com/user/bionerd23

Does all their videos have music over them? I find that that kind of ruins the immersion for me and prevents me from feeling like I'm wherever is being filmed.

Anyways I'm always up for more Chernobyl/Priypat footage! I'll check some of these out.

No, just the most recent ones. Most of her videos have her explaining whats going on over them. Like when she climbs Duga 3 or goes into the Powerplant itself. Being that I am not a radiologist, this is fascinating to hear it from someone that is not a professor and is on site.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Adventurous/Exploration Youtube channels, videos, etc

Post by Xeogred »

Those look awesome. Climbing tower like structures like that is probably the second game over for me though haha (next to claustrophobic tight tunnels). Heights scare me and you just never know how safe those structures or ladders are. Glad others are doing it!

VR for this definitely sounds like it could be amazing.

The Proper People does have a video or two that has some interactive camera. I have no idea how that even works and it is a little rough, but it was cool to mess around with a little. I'll have to find it unless you can in their videos somewhere. They also have drones so sometimes they have some cool shots from above.

Here it is, I guess it was a 360 camera and you can move the video around:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTbvupdhy8k

Video quality suffers a lot from it but it's kind of neat.