Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Re: "We're Alive" Audio Drama/Podcast - Free

by Jmustang1968 Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:03 pm

I am about at the same spot. I believe seasons 2 and 3 are generally better than the first. The quality of the writing and voice acting mostly improve as they go along. The stuff that bothered me before isn't totally gone, but happens less frequently.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:23 pm

Correction, I was wrong about Lockdown. While there is some interactions with previous characters, it does seem to be a self contained side story with new characters. I don't think it'll leave much of an impression, but it's not bad.

So you guys liked S3 a lot? I was iffy on the military intervention and all. Never a huge fan of that trope in stories like these. But overall there was nothing ever that frustrating, plot line or character wise in this podcast to me, compared to TV shows I've seen or something where there will be some arc or some character that makes you rage. Never got that vibe here.

Have you guys looked up the cast? I checked out some youtube videos after I finished it up. It's funny how CJ looks like you'd guess haha, same with some other characters. Michael however is the oddball... he's like some middle aged dude that looks out of place, lmao.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:45 pm

Xeogred wrote:Correction, I was wrong about Lockdown. While there is some interactions with previous characters, it does seem to be a self contained side story with new characters. I don't think it'll leave much of an impression, but it's not bad.

So you guys liked S3 a lot? I was iffy on the military intervention and all. Never a huge fan of that trope in stories like these. But overall there was nothing ever that frustrating, plot line or character wise in this podcast to me, compared to TV shows I've seen or something where there will be some arc or some character that makes you rage. Never got that vibe here.

Have you guys looked up the cast? I checked out some youtube videos after I finished it up. It's funny how CJ looks like you'd guess haha, same with some other characters. Michael however is the oddball... he's like some middle aged dude that looks out of place, lmao.

Here is what the podcast website has on Lockdown. Interested to see who this overlaps with? Looks to be a different jail than Eastern Bay.
“Life on the inside” takes on a whole new meaning. A riot has broken out at Twin Towers Jail. Simeon, five of his fellow inmates, and the prison guards assigned to them have found themselves trapped in the inescapable confines of T-block during the lockdown. Boundaries of trust are pushed to the limit as the survivors must learn to work together if they have any hope of escaping the horde of infected and the deadly secret that lies within Twin Tower’s walls.

I enjoy S3. Some spoilers here:
The captain turned out how I expected. I figured he be "too black & white" at some point. Other than seeing that coming from a mile away, I liked the military aspects, as well as Boulder, CO being "safe."

I definitely didn't see the massive attacks at Ft Erwin, Boulder, & The Colony all at once coming. Nice action.

I don't care much too much for the Flying Hawaiian (lol name seems fitting), Hope, or Samantha so I wasn't loving that section although the background and overlap with the mallers & Pippin was cool. CJ & Victor really grew on me. Happy to have Burt, Pegs, Kelly, Riley back in the main mix now. Lizzy & Saul (sp?) FINALLY reunited. Overall very solid IMO.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:23 pm

Okay, just finished this up. All 48 episodes down.

I really enjoyed this. Letting it sink in some & I'll be back for final thoughts & a few questions/theories.

Any1 else wrap this up?

Xeo, Did you finish Lockdown? Does it fill in any additional blanks to the story or just detail what happened to jail in S4?
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

by Jmustang1968 Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:37 pm

Jagosaurus wrote:Okay, just finished this up. All 48 episodes down.

I really enjoyed this. Letting it sink in some & I'll be back for final thoughts & a few questions/theories.

Any1 else wrap this up?

Xeo, Did you finish Lockdown? Does it fill in any additional blanks to the story or just detail what happened to jail in S4?

Yeah I finished this up about 2 weeks ago, and listened to lockdown as well.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:22 pm

Yeah I finished up Lockdown. Not a lot to say about it, it doesn't really answer anything new, the characters didn't stand out, and the quality wasn't the same. Definitely cool if you want more, but yeah it was a lot more of a random spinoff than I thought it'd be. Seems forgettable.

Season 4 felt like Resident Evil stuff to me haha.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:01 pm

So I meant to update you guys when I finally finished Lockdown several months ago. I enjoyed it, but as I expected, cared for the original crew more than a group of prisoners. No spoilers here, but the main tie in was cool.

The primary reason for the bump was the updates on their site in May.

First via their Patreon page:
We’re Alive: Goldrush is currently in pre-production and the foundation for our next adventure, We’re Alive: Scout’s Honor, is well under way.

Then...
We are continuing production of our newest projects, We’re Alive: Goldrush and We’re Alive: Scout’s Honor and will release them as podcasts as normal, but patrons (folks who contribute on Patreon) will have access to exclusive behind the scenes updates, new merchandise, and tons of other extra special rewards. ...

We’re Alive: Scout’s Honor (#WASH?) is our next series after Goldrush. The story takes place on the island of Catalina off the shores of California, where a group of scouts must work together to get off the island.

Good news it's free still.

If anyone reading this hasn't dove into the original 48 episodes, I recommend it. It has over 48 million downloads. That's crazy.

I'll be giving these new additions a listen.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:20 pm

That's awesome news.

I'll probably buy the original sometime so I can listen to it again without the start/end ads. It was a blast.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:43 am

Xeogred wrote:That's awesome news.

I'll probably buy the original sometime so I can listen to it again without the start/end ads. It was a blast.

8 year old podcast so those early ads still mentioned Microsoft Zune. Had me cracking up. At least none of them were mid podcast.

Can you buy add free mp3s? I saw the CDs on Amazon.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever