Next-Gen

Re: The Alien & Predator Appreciation Thread

Post by noiseredux »

Yeah it looks amazing.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

kids: A reminder that Wednesday, APRIL 26th is ALIEN DAY!

Dark Horse Comics has three Alien related issues coming out that day. The first is issue #11 of the on-going Defiance series. Then there's a Prometheus: Life & Death one-shot issue. But finally there is the one to get really excited about... Alien: Dead Orbit is a brand new series and looks absolutely awesome. My local comic shop orders 10 copies of most Alien issues - and generally has extra copies on shelves. They received 40 pre-orders of Dead Orbit, if that gives any indication of how good this new series is looking to everyone.

strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

I forgot about this thread! I'm building hype for the imminent release of Covenant. I recently picked up the quadrilogy and Prometheus on bluray. I watched Prometheus already this past weekend, and I will likely watch Alien and Aliens in celebration.

I also did a little looking into the Predator 4 cast lineup. Apparently script details have been leaked online, I'm avoiding those. On that note I think the trailers and promotional material for Covenant have given a little too much of the plot away.

@noise: I haven't read any of the newer comics from either universe. You'll have to let me know how that one is and if it's worth checking out.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I'm still super pissed I watched the Covenant trailer, it was freaking awful. :evil:
(as in it seemed to spoil everything)
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

Xeogred wrote:I'm still super pissed I watched the Covenant trailer, it was freaking awful. :evil:
(as in it seemed to spoil everything)
Man you thought the trailer was spoiler filled, avoid all promotional stills of this movie!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I always try to avoid most promo material of movies I know I want to see. I was forced to see the Covenant trailer before Logan though. But have not done any internet searching. I've also not looked into The Predator yet either - I'd rather just wait and be surprised.

Dead Orbit looks very cool. I've read a few issues of Defiance and it's good.

Glad you watched Prometheus. That movie is so slept on. I love it.
strangenova
Next-Gen

Post by strangenova »

noiseredux wrote:Glad you watched Prometheus. That movie is so slept on. I love it.

Yeah would you believe it was my first time to watch the movie in its entirety. I enjoyed it.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

revealed for Alien Day tomorrow...

Alien: Covenant in Utero is an upcoming 2017 virtual reality experience directed by David Karlak and developed by FoxNext VR Studio, RSA VR, MPC VR, and partners AMD RADEON and Dell Inspiron. Created as part of the promotion for Alien: Covenant and produced by Ridley Scott, the 360-degree virtual reality journey will lead fans through a living nightmare that offers a terrifyingly close and personal encounter with an alien Neomorph at the time of its birth. Fans will be able to experience the world around them, reliving the very first memories of the Neomorph in an immersive environment. It is set to be released on April 26, 2017 to coincide with Alien Day.

^that sounds horrifying.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Based on the title I assumed it would be an experience of you playing a Chestburster. You know, kind of like the second level of the Alien campaign in AvP 2.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I was sort of hoping it would give you the experience of having a chestburster bust out of you. Speed up the delivery time for the game, sure, but have a facehugger grab you, impregnate you, and then you have to watch as your chest cavity bursts open so its spawn can begin its life cycle.