most rare sega item? may this be it? yes or no?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
tkrn4

most rare sega item? may this be it? yes or no?

Post by tkrn4 »

i havent been able to find it ANYWHERE but i own it!!! :D

im an sega cd collector and just started with the saturn stuff. is there like a 101-guide to all the saturn stuff i should know.

my sega cd collection i should take some pictures of.

it includes a MINT sega CDx with ram cart, both of the lethal enforcers guns (blue and pink) the pink one i know is a rare item too! i have sega power strip which i havent seen anywhere else!

does anybody have any of the old sega magizines? sega sages i think it was called? [/img]
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

I've seen it somewhere before, but I don't think it's real common.

Post by Guest »

I think the Sega Neptune is the rareist item. I have a friend who has one, but they are so damn rare you never see them anywhere, not even eBay.
ravenmgs
24-bit

Post by ravenmgs »

err, i forgot to log in, but thats me 8) the neptune system is the rareset "officall" sega item. I have some unoffical knock off systems i imported from Hong Kong back in the day that are more rare.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

He has a Neptune???
How did he get one?
Any way I could get some good pictures and such?

For those of you that aren't familiar with the Neptune, it's a Genesis and 32X combined into one sleek unit -- but was cancelled since the 32X bombed.
ravenmgs
24-bit

Post by ravenmgs »

I'm not sure where he got it exactly to be honist, I think he bought it off someone who was selling off beta testing equipment because their game development company had gone out of business.

Stuff like that will showup on eBay every now and then when a game company goes out of business, gets broken into ect.. lol
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Yeah, because I've never heard of anybody having one.
And it's not like you would need one for developement other than testing compatibility.
But I always thought it would be incredibly cool to have one
ravenmgs
24-bit

Post by ravenmgs »

racketboy wrote:Yeah, because I've never heard of anybody having one.
And it's not like you would need one for developement other than testing compatibility.
But I always thought it would be incredibly cool to have one

I'm pretty sure it's a dev kit version, like the blue playstations. You can get these dev kits but you need industry connections. He is a level designer for NCSoft and has been in the industry a while, so he genrally is able to get first dibs on stuff like that.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

So it doesn't look like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Neptune
:(
ravenmgs
24-bit

Post by ravenmgs »

Yeah, it looks like that, only it has jacks that you can connect it to your computer with in the back.