2015 Racketboy Auction - DONATION SENT 2.17.16

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: 2015 Racketboy Auction - Taking Payments

Post by Anapan »

Still waiting on payment and/or address confirmation of Blu, Aaron & 8bit for 29, 31 & 37.

8bit's getting a better setup - gimme a few days!
I've been tweaking the apps on the OQO for maximum efficiency and having a lot of fun trying different things that didn't exist the last time I booted this thing up and tried setting it up for gaming. It's difficult to get the exact-right version of an emulator before the author adopted a better understanding of object oriented programming and brought a few more layers and DLLs into the process (tho some kept core optimization a key - did you know No$GBA is the best emulator as far as accuracy and optimization?). The transmeta crusoe processor and 8MB of vram makes a unique challenge - a love/hate relationship of this machine...

I just tried a modern version of MAME that would deal correctly with the win32 resolution and did an audit. 7 hours and counting. :lol:
Most of the systems are doing much better. I'm achieving close to constant 60FPS on 12 emulators. I'm glad to see it's fairing better than the current handheld linux ARM consoles, and even even the best Android systems on X86 games even after 10 years. It still does Dosbox better than my phone and can play Diablo 1&2.
Hey 8bit, I want to try out some games - shoot me a PM and I'll send a list. You've got 21 Gigs of the 32 free after my shortlist of (homebrew/freeware of course) roms were coppied.

Edit: I completely missed your post, 8bit. You gotta PM me your address. Also, take a look at my 2007 setup and let me if you like any of those:
http://www3.telus.net/a6120536/OQO/Unof ... Thread.htm

Unfortunately, despite spec reports otherwise, Cave Story + is not working. You're stuck with oldschool 320x240 Doukutsu (can you get it to run? Possibly a missing DLL? check the logs!). A whole bunch of games are available however. I suggest you run System Requirements Lab.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
jp1
Next-Gen

Post by jp1 »

All shipped. Thanks to everyone who purchased my items this year. :D
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Where are we?

Is there anyone whom has NOT PAID yet?

Is there anyone who has donated but has not received a SHIP TO address?

There are a lot of pm's back and forth and I know some things get missed...
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

sorry guys, haven't been on in a while. i'm paid up, i've got the addresses of the two folks that i need to ship to and i'll email anapan with my address.

thanks again.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Got the mystery box that 8bit donated in today and was totally blown away. Thanks a ton for donating this dude :).

Sent a boatload of awesome games.

Plus a bunch of extra goodies :).
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

The items I won arrived earlier this week too. Thanks, Anapan.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

mjmjr25 wrote:Where are we?

I sent a PM to Jinn about the ARP Megadrive, and the message has not been received/read yet. I know he only comes here once in a while so I suspect he just forgot.
I'll be sending out the last package I donated tomorrow.

Anyone that won any of my items, be aware that Canada's postal system continues to get crappier as shipping costs rise; slow service is even slower this year as far as shipping to USA goes at least.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

Mine have been sent/delivered and I received one item and I got word today that the other is on its way.

Fragems, that's a nice haul of games and movies. If you want to get rid of that Nintendo Power posters book I'll be your Huckleberry. :)
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

I've gotten errythin in, thanks to all those that donated! Always a great time.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

IS THERE ANYONE WHO HAS NOT PAID YET? Please pm or post - we of course want to send our donation in one piece.

IS THERE ANYONE WHO HAS NOT SHIPPED YET? (other than Jinn, who anapan is already reaching out to)