Have some of the usual members left Racketboy forums ?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: Have some of the usual members left Racketboy forums ?

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I haven't been getting on as much lately, but I still browse sometimes.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Ack

Post by Ack »

Don't worry, fellas, I'm alive. Just been on vacation. When I get back though, believe me, I have some entertaining stories about how much rain we have gotten down here in the South.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Ack wrote:I have some entertaining stories about how much rain we have gotten down here in the South.

You are not joking. It's not that bad in the very bottom of the state where I live. But last week when I was driving through middle and upper middle GA, I saw flooding everywhere like I've never seen before. All of Perry was practically underwater. It was rainy when I got to Milledgeville, and still rainy days later when I left.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I've spent portions of this holiday in Alabama and Georgia. Atlanta had a little flooding, but not too bad. But my time in Alabama...oh boy. I'm actually down in Gulf Shores right now, and there is water about four inches below the parking slab at our beach house. Both of our neighbors' slabs are partially submerged right now.
Fragems
Next-Gen

Post by Fragems »

Christmas day at my moms house in Charleston, WV her neighborhood had their first flash flood in 10 years got midway up my jeep tires before it luckily stopped. Luckily her house is on a bit of a rise so it only managed to barely get into her garage her yard was a mess though :P.

Definitely nothing compared to what was going on in the south but those storms systems definitely dumped a ton of rain all over the place.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I miss some of the peoples. :(
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I think about Fragems every time I drive by an AT trailhead. I wonder how far he made it.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

bmoc wrote:I think about Fragems every time I drive by an AT trailhead. I wonder how far he made it.

Yep. I wonder how he’s doing too. (Fragems: if you stop by, check in and let us know how you’ve been!)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Reading back through this thread :?

There was some drama going on 4-5 years ago :shock:
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Reminds me so much of the niche film forum I go on. It was in its prime like 5 years ago too. It had its share of drama and people getting banned which is honestly mostly entertaining.

There are a few things I've seen happened there which I assumed happened here too.

Hobbies do change. I'm a good example of this. I've seen maybe 30 films since last june. Hell, like 10 years ago I saw that many in a week. But, after seeing thousands, I felt like I mastered it and am done with the hobby. I still do the occasional rewatch, and look out for new releases and obscure classics that were either recently restored or made available, but that's it. People juat grow tired of it eventually. I see posts in this thread of people having the same case too. I like to obtain knowledge in as many topics as possible, and video games and reading is the next thing.

Another thing which may be surprising: politics. The 2016 election in America practically killed the film forum, and people who I even met in a real life meeting in new york have left since it happened. I've seen it locked here too so I assume a similar meltdown happened. It does suck to not talk about it because it's one of my big passions, but it is healthier not to do so.

The surreal thing about the politics thread is that only like 3 members described themselves as right wing, which makes the meltdown more confusing :lol: