Any Interest in a Skype-based D&D Group?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Any Interest in a Skype-based D&D Group?

Post by marlowe221 »

Hey folks,

Would anyone be interested in getting an online D&D group together for some PnP goodness?

I suppose we could use Skype or something like that?

Any thoughts?
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

Want: Games!!!
marurun

Re: Any Interest in a Skype-based D&D Group?

Post by marurun »

We've kinda been rolling this idea around on here for a while, now. But nobody seems to have time to GM anything. I certainly don't right now. The other thing is systems. Not everyone who's interested has books.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Yes let's play....for the love of god lets play! SOMEONE DM AND LET'S PLAY!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Isn't new ruleset supposed to be simpler? Version 5? Not that I've ever played D&D, just something I heard.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Stark wrote:Isn't new ruleset supposed to be simpler? Version 5? Not that I've ever played D&D, just something I heard.

No THAC0 = No THX
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I confess more love than is healthy for AD&D 2nd edition, pre-kits and options (unless playing a setting that relies on them).
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

marurun wrote:We've kinda been rolling this idea around on here for a while, now. But nobody seems to have time to GM anything. I certainly don't right now. The other thing is systems. Not everyone who's interested has books.

Unfortunately, I have no GM experience... :(
Have: Sega Genesis, SNES, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari 800XL, PC, N3DS XL, Wii U, GBA, Xbox One, Switch

jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

I'd possibly be up for something but I have no idea how to DM or write a story.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

5th edition is nice. It somehow feels like a blend of AD&D, 2nd, and 3.5 (never played 4th personally so I can't speak to it). Different, but I dig it now that I'm into it.

Also, roll20.net is an excellent site for online D&D, far better than just free forming it with Skype v
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
marlowe221
Next-Gen

Post by marlowe221 »

KalessinDB wrote:5th edition is nice. It somehow feels like a blend of AD&D, 2nd, and 3.5 (never played 4th personally so I can't speak to it). Different, but I dig it now that I'm into it.

Also, roll20.net is an excellent site for online D&D, far better than just free forming it with Skype v

I can write a story.

But I haven't played that much and don't know all the rules that well. I've never played a 5th Ed. game at all.