Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Re: Any Interest in a Skype-based D&D Group?

by BogusMeatFactory Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:15 pm

marurun wrote:He is OK. We're barely hanging in there, though. Lack of sleep combined with election drama meets adulting is already so darned hard equals ugh..... I should be able to free up a couple hours a week, however, if we can ever get this going again and start simple with a system or play style that supports shorter play sessions OK.

I know how it gets and the election doesnt make it easier. You start to go genuinely crazy late at night. You will get throuvh it and just know that both you and your wife are in the same boat. Snapping will probably happen, but just be aware it is the lack of sleep and sound of a baby cryinh
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

by jmbarnes101 Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:37 pm

Good luck and congratulations with the baby. It's not easy but it's ultimately enjoyable.

I'm up for whatever, later at night, except Wednesday.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14867&p=149112#p149112

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), Gamecube (Pokemon, Purple JPN modded), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega CDX, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x)
marurun

by marurun Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:03 pm

I wouldn't be able to late at night. I am going to bed a lot earlier thanks to little Squirbo (our nickname for him).

Did we ever resolve the GM question, final participant list, or genre/game style?
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

by Forlorn Drifter Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:05 pm

It looks like things are mostly tied up for this time around, but I'd might be interested for the next go around. Note I have no knowledge of any type of true blue RPGs, so I'd probably be a hassle to play with.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
marurun

by marurun Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:43 am

I've been rolling around some ideas for my own system, though heavily steeped in basic D&D mechanics. I would only be changing some stuff, and mechanically it would be simpler. It's just a matter of finding time to wrap up some of the details (yay parenting!).

But let's step back, here. We also need to set a mood. Are people interested in light, chaotic play? Serious story stuff? You don't want to have someone interested in the party getting behind some big ennui playing with someone who always plays a Chaotic Neutral thief so they can claim they're crazy and do whatever they want (including dicking over the party for lulz).

When I have time to run something, I'll probably want emergent story, with tools built in to hook players as the game moves forward (so it's not front-loaded). So not story-heavy from step one. But I also am not crazy about the CN thief I mentioned...
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever