Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
TSTR
Next-Gen

Re: The Dream Thread

by TSTR Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:02 am

darsparx wrote: Though still not as weird as the fishmen dream(which was just a random part of one dream that felt like 15 minutes long with fish men, body of man but fish head in business suits...)...looking back hilarious, but man I think that scared the living tar out of a younger me...

DAGON
Czernobog
Next-Gen

by Czernobog Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:31 pm

darsparx wrote: Though still not as weird as the fishmen dream(which was just a random part of one dream that felt like 15 minutes long with fish men, body of man but fish head in business suits...)...looking back hilarious, but man I think that scared the living tar out of a younger me...

“Perhaps I should not hope to convey in mere words the unutterable hideousness that can dwell in absolute silence and barren immensity.”

Anyways, I woke up very early this morning to the girlfriend taking a caramel apple out of one of those crackling plastic things they're in and I generally only remember my dreams if I'm awoken abruptly.

I had a presentation on auditing this morning and I wanted to grab a nice pair of dress pants and a nice button-down for a business casual look. In my dream, I didn't realize it until I arrived for the presentation, but my dress pants had long silver lines down the front and glitter all over them. I ran around panicking asking everyone I knew if I could borrow their pants. Somebody in the parking lot I was in assured me they had a pair I could use and came back with a stack of vhs tapes all excited but not the pants. That's when I woke up. I didn't feel much anxiety about the presentation, so maybe I was internalizing some or something. Strange but fun dream to remember.
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:05 pm

I rarely remember my dreams, but I had one last night that was for the books.

I dreamed that I worked alongside Paris Hilton at Carowinds (it's a theme park near Charlotte NC) passing out tiny bottles of Old Spice at a NASCAR themed roller coaster.

Dream job.

We stood together, chatting once in a while, but mostly passed out little bottles of classic Old Spice, the ceramic ones with the pull up top.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:46 am

I had a horrible nightmare last night. I dreamt that my wife, her little brother, our dauguter Rosalind and I were on vacation somewhere. On our way back, we stayed at a hotel and we were having a hard time getting Roz to sleep. When we finally did, her brother was yelling and jumping around while talking to his mother on the phone.

I kept yelling at him to be quiet and it didn't work. Roz woke up and we were so mad. It was then the next day and we were leaving and my wife was still mad, mostly at me for yell in ng at her brother. I was in the back seat with Roz and we were starting to climb a steep, winding mountain. My wife was speeding and driving recklessly and we see this guy riding a bike in our lane. We swerve to go around him and he suddenly falls off his bike in our path. My wife swerves even more and we lose control of the car, fish tailing all over the place.

It was then that we flew off the side of the road and started to roll down the mountain. I reached over to roz and put my head and arms over her to shield her as she slept and we were spinning. I kept saying calmly, "it is gonna be alright roz, papa is here. You don't have to be scared, I am right here with you," as we spun out of control and crashed onto the ground.

I woke up to my my daughter crying. I was a bit of a mess.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

by Key-Glyph Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:50 pm

This is the second time this has happened. Last night I dreamt that I was basically Marty McFly, except that I was definitely me, and also overwhelmingly in love with Doc Brown.

I only ever dream the part where we're saying goodbye in the midst of the loud, chaotic confusion of trying to get me back to my own time. Do you realize how heartwrenching this is, to be yelled over again and again by a person you love and whose life you are desperately trying to save, but who is dead-set against altering the future? And having it really sink in that you are leaving, and if they don't listen to you, you will be returning to a time where they'll be gone? And that all things considered, you'd much rather just stay? But you can't?! And they don't even know how much you care!?!

The feels, guys. The FEELS.
BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:42 am

I had a dream last night that I was drinking hot chocolate with Max from Life is Strange in the middle of a Lowe's while ten copies of Pyramid Head were cutting 2x4s with circular saws. It was....odd.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:24 am

I had a dream last night that was allllll over the place. I dreamt that I was visiting the rock and roll hall of fame with a friend, my wife and my daughter Roz. We got there and my friend and I rushed off, leaving my family behind. Inside, every exhibit was covered with cloth and we assumed we couldn't look at them. We asked a guard and he said it was part of the exhibit and that we were supposed to pull the cloth off on dramatic rock and roll fashion to reveal the piece.

My wife finally caught up with us with roz in tow. Suddenly, we were on the starship Enterprise and we had to interview aliens to see who committed a crime. I looked like data with my scalp removed and an exposed human brain. It was weird.

All of a sudden, I was in a modern day setting inside a city within a large building. My wife and I were preparing for a very old friend who we hadn't seen in a long time. We were making this huge meal. Our guest was late and so we went out looking for them and found an old room with a dilapidated wooden door. Inside was a skeleton that attacked us and I had to manage my inventory to find a mace and bash it.

The skeleton kept pulling a Drybones and reanimating so I kept bashing it. A knock on the door rang out and we answered it to find our friend and his wife in pajamas with food. they dropped off their food and then went home to get ready. We continued to prep and everyone re-arrived.

I start talking to my friend and how he was going to stop his psych meds against his doctor's advice and how he was so excited to be manic again. It was strange. Then I woke up.

It was all over the place.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:18 am

I had a dream last night that I had found a developer cartridge to mario 64 that allowed for simultaneous 4 player co-op where you could pick Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi. There were a few new levels and a party mode.

I picked Waluigi, cause he is the man and when I selected him, he wore a wolf skin cape, fleshed his muscles and had a hammer. On the game he could throw hammers like a hammer brothers. It was ridiculous.

Return to Off-Topic / Whatever