Favorite albums of 2014?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Niode
Next-Gen

Re: Favorite albums of 2014?

Post by Niode »

dsheinem wrote:Mastadon - Once More 'Round the Sun
Another album that, like DBT's, represented a kind of return to form and a nice evolution. This one fires hard on all cylinders and reminds me a lot more of Crack the Skye than the more lackluster The Hunter. They continue to be my fave modern band to listen to when I am in the mood for some heaviness, and this one offers up something new with each listen.

WHAT?? Crack The Skye was the worst album Mastodon have ever done, The Hunter was a return to form for Mastodon. The Hunter was amazing after the wishy washy craptacular snoozefest of Skye. The new one has gone back to the wishy washy artyfarty nonsense of Skye. I remember getting Skye at one of their signings in Manchester when it first came out, I was so excited to hear it after the absolutely immense Blood Mountain. Listening to it in the car with my then fiancee we got to the end we said to each other "did you enjoy any of that?" she just went "I barely even remember what the first song sounded like" ... "same" ... "shall we put something else on?" "definitely". I put the radio on. Just awful meandering pointless drudge. Crack The Skye I mean, not the radio.
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Niode wrote:
dsheinem wrote:Mastadon - Once More 'Round the Sun
Another album that, like DBT's, represented a kind of return to form and a nice evolution. This one fires hard on all cylinders and reminds me a lot more of Crack the Skye than the more lackluster The Hunter. They continue to be my fave modern band to listen to when I am in the mood for some heaviness, and this one offers up something new with each listen.

WHAT?? Crack The Skye was the worst album Mastodon have ever done, The Hunter was a return to form for Mastodon. The Hunter was amazing after the wishy washy craptacular snoozefest of Skye. The new one has gone back to the wishy washy artyfarty nonsense of Skye. I remember getting Skye at one of their signings in Manchester when it first came out, I was so excited to hear it after the absolutely immense Blood Mountain. Listening to it in the car with my then fiancee we got to the end we said to each other "did you enjoy any of that?" she just went "I barely even remember what the first song sounded like" ... "same" ... "shall we put something else on?" "definitely". I put the radio on. Just awful meandering pointless drudge. Crack The Skye I mean, not the radio.

Hmmm, we couldn't be more inverted on this one. I do love Blood Mountain, so at least there's some common ground.

Here's someone who disagrees with both of us, somehow: http://www.metal-archives.com/reviews/M ... un/430509/

:lol:
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

You can find someone that disagrees with anything on Metal Archives.