World Cup 2014!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Re: World Cup 2014!

Post by ZeroAX »

Now that you mentioned him, why the fuck was everyone booing at Fred? What did he do to make them mad?
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Just woke up and Germany scored again!
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

ZeroAX wrote:Now that you mentioned him, why the fuck was everyone booing at Fred? What did he do to make them mad?

He sucks.

With the team losing badly and no chance of recovery, we should let him know that he shouldn't be on the pitch.
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

jfrost wrote:He sucks.

With the team losing badly and no chance of recovery, we should let him know that he shouldn't be on the pitch.

You lost due to your crappy defense, not because of a striker the fans consider bad. You were never truly tested during this tournament and at the first truly hard opponent you collapsed.

Heck we predicted it all the way back after the game against Croatia

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=46571&start=90

I'll be wishing for Argentina to lose and for you to play against them in the 3rd place game, cause I really can't see you defeating the Netherlands either.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Pulsar_t wrote:I never realised how critical the coach is till now. Algeria's Halilhodžić managed to put up a good fight against Germany, whilst Scolari has failed miserably.

He failed technically and tactically, but losing 7-1 is not explained by tactics or ability.

Losing by 2 or 3 margin is explained by poor tactics or otherwise not very skilled players. This wasn't the case. Brazil conceded 4 goals in six minutes. The team is not worse than Iran or Greece, and they beat Colombia and Chile. It was a meltdown.

I have no idea what went on the locker room, but the simple absence of Neymar can't have had this impact.

I'm actually in Rio right now and yesterday I drove to FIFA Fan Fest. Rio was funny because it was raining a fuckton (as if to make it a stereotypical sad day) and people were silent and going home slowly.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

ZeroAX wrote:
jfrost wrote:He sucks.

You lost due to your crappy defense, not because of a striker the fans consider bad. You were never truly tested during this tournament and at the first truly hard opponent you collapsed.

Heck we predicted it all the way back after the game against Croatia

http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=46571&start=90

I'll be wishing for Argentina to lose and for you to play against them in the 3rd place game, cause I really can't see you defeating the Netherlands either.

He was very much a symbol of a player who shouldn't be on the squad and was there being useless, taunting the supporters with his non-presence every game.

We lost because the team failed miseravly in every way. Maybe more due to Thiago Silva's absence, i don't even know. Don't worry though, there will be no shortage of soulsearching in the country.

About being tested, well, in the beginning everyone said Chile was good and the team fought them off. Then we get Colombia wih a really good team and beat them, but that still is not considered a test...

Next thing we know, the only way to properly "test" a team is to pit them up with Italy, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Uruguay, Argentina, and France - all in the same World Cup run.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

To be fair, Chile and Colombia have never been regarded as powerhouse teams--Colombia was a return to glory after the horrible tragedy that was 1994. Chile has made it to the round of 16 the past two tournaments, but it's not like they were ever expected to lift the trophy. They're good and very good teams don't get me wrong, but something definitely went wrong mentally and tactically when you faced a GREAT team.

It's really hard to pinpoint exactly what went wrong outside of the backline leaving tremendous holes to drill Cesar from. You let in the first goal after doing the same exact thing to Colombia the match before.

I think Brazil this year is a little less quality than Argentina, with a lot of players having similarities. Zabaleta = Silva/Luiz, Neymar = Messi; you don't have a striker that is on par with Sergio Aguero, I'm sorry. I'm not speaking level of skill but rather the role they play on the team. Brazil has lots of individually skilled and talented players but have difficulty stringing that talent together. Neymar is still young and could one day grow into a player that has vision of the field like Messi, who can see and consistently picks out the best scoring opportunity, be it a teammate or himself. Right now I think it's back to the drawing board, and that's extremely difficult to pick yourself up after what happened today.

At least Fred dove and got you a goal against Croatia, even if it was illegitimate. You needed more cards to deter that kind of behavior, since there hasn't been ONE, NOT ONE, booking for simulation in this World Cup. Good thing the ref saw through the bullshit when that was Brazil's angle yesterday.

On the up and up, I can't help but wonder how our stock in the FIFA world rankings will be after we only conceded one goal, tied Portugal, and beat Ghana. That Ghana team managed to score two against the Germans. It will all be very interesting from here on out.

Projected World Rankings:
1. Germany
2. Netherlands
3. Argentina
4. Colombia
5. Belgium
6. France
7. Brazil
8. Chile
9. Switzerland
10. USA
11. Greece
12. England
13. Portugal
14. Italy

Put Spain in there somewhere.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

FIFA rankings are scores by punctuation in international games. Having reached semi-finals, Brazil will likely not fall too much in their rankings. Rankings won't tell this story.

This game was tragic and the scope of the tragedy will never be matched, ever.

I'll probably tell my grandsons that I watched this game.

In my life I watched Brazil win two world titles and reach the finals in 1998, but this will very likely trump all five stars we carry above the national team's crest for a long time.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

It'll be fresh in everyone's minds, but the squads were entirely different and the style of play was also quite different too. I wish you had some flashy players like Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Rivaldo and a defender like Cafu and a offensively minded defender like Roberto Carlos.

It certainly was a moment in history. There's next World Cup though! :)
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

Germany vs. Brazil - This Is What Happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLZUKqpXYzU

:lol: :lol: