Your Album(s) of the Year - 2013

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: Your Album(s) of the Year - 2013

Post by Stark »

Two things: Yeezus is great! Thanks for showing me that it was free on Google Play the other day.

Not an album but Lana Del Rey's Young and Beautiful is awesome. Makes me look forward to her upcoming 2014 release.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Lana rulez!
muhanad
64-bit

Post by muhanad »

Pusha T-My Name is My Name
Nosetalgia feat. Kendrick Lamar

A new Kanye West style sound instead of the usual Neptunes sound for Pusha T, but still pretty good.

A$AP Rocky- Long Live A$AP
Phoenix

Great debut album, amazing production, dope lyrics.

J Cole- Born Sinner
Runaway

The definition of progression in your second album. Cole's rapping voice is as if he's talking directly to you, which I love.

Danny Brown- Old
25 Bucks

Stanny divided his album into two parts, a normal lyrical rapping side, and a hype side. He excels at both.

Earl Sweatshirt- Doris
Hive feat. Casey Veggies & Vince Staples/Whoa feat. Tyler the Creator

Earl has grown up since his first mixtape and shows a deep side of himself, while still maintaining one of the most complex flows I have ever heard.

Big K.R.I.T.- KRIT (King Remembered In Time)
REM

One of KRIT's best projects, which is saying a lot, because he always delivers quality material.

Tyler the Creator- Wolf
Rusty feat. Domo Genesis & Earl

Tyler's least dark album, and one that shows his progression as an overall artist.

Mellowhigh- Mellowhigh
Air/Cold World

Domo Genesis teams up with mellowhype and this album is just back and forth verses with great lyrics, and amazing production.

Edit: Oh and by the way this is in no order
MyNameIsVince
64-bit

Post by MyNameIsVince »

I'll probably be the only person on here posting this record but whatever. This is my album of 2013 by default, simply because it was the only album released in 2013 I ended up listening to (much less buying):