VGA cable pics and games

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
evildragon
8-bit

Post by evildragon »

hope it isn't too late to post more screenshots...

I just got my dreamcast VGA cable from racketboys ebay auction (my father got it for me), and i am VERY surprised with the quality!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/ ... dcvga1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/ ... dcvga2.jpg

As of right now, I have no sound.. I'm trying to figure out how I can hook that radio to it... (some cheap FM transmitter maybe)
Pullmyfinger
Next-Gen

Post by Pullmyfinger »

Just plug in some PC Speakers
evildragon
8-bit

Post by evildragon »

Pullmyfinger wrote:Just plug in some PC Speakers

i've run out of room.. i was thinking about doing this differently, and using the old style radio to do the audio..

i kinda rigged something that works, my iPods iTrip (im just feeding power into it directly)..
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

evildragon wrote:hope it isn't too late to post more screenshots...

I just got my dreamcast VGA cable from racketboys ebay auction (my father got it for me), and i am VERY surprised with the quality!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/ ... dcvga1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/ ... dcvga2.jpg

As of right now, I have no sound.. I'm trying to figure out how I can hook that radio to it... (some cheap FM transmitter maybe)

Yeah, I use PC speakers -- but if you wanted, you could get a headphone-to-RCA adapter for a few $s at a place like Radio Shack
Ramatut4001
128-bit

Post by Ramatut4001 »

If he's talking about the radio in his picture, he very likely does not have any RCA inputs. However, for the price of a decent FM transmitter, you could just buy some cheap PC speakers.
evildragon
8-bit

Post by evildragon »

Ramatut4001 wrote:If he's talking about the radio in his picture, he very likely does not have any RCA inputs. However, for the price of a decent FM transmitter, you could just buy some cheap PC speakers.

yea, it doesn't have any RCA jacks on it... being this radio must stay here for personal reasons, i can easily go for a cheap FM transmitter (as I can also use those things for many other things)
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

evildragon wrote:
Ramatut4001 wrote:If he's talking about the radio in his picture, he very likely does not have any RCA inputs. However, for the price of a decent FM transmitter, you could just buy some cheap PC speakers.

yea, it doesn't have any RCA jacks on it... being this radio must stay here for personal reasons, i can easily go for a cheap FM transmitter (as I can also use those things for many other things)

Ok, I guess I wasn't thinking clearly :)
Forgot about the radio thing (must have been distracted)
So yeah, a FM transmitter should do the trick
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

FYI: I split this topic up a bit so we stay on topic better.
If you have more to discuss in regards to LCDs and dealing with resolution issues, check out this new thread:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5231
temproh

Post by temproh »

Hi!

I've been thinking about hooking up my second Dreamcast to my old CRT for quite a while now as I really enjoy playing all those new (well, more or less) Naomi shooters in TATE mode but don't want to regularly have to put my TV on its side. However, the original Dreamcast VGA cable is rather hard to get and I was sceptical about buying a 3rd party product.
That was until I searched eBay for "dreamcast vga" and noticed that one of the 3rd party adaptors is being sold by someone who calls himself "racketboy". I immediately thought: "Hey! That guy has a website with great articles about retro gaming!". Having read some articles on racketboy.com a while ago I knew that racketboy is quite a Dreamcast lover and thus I didn't hesitate to order one of his VGA cables right away.
I don't think I will use the adaptor for anything else than highly detailed 3D games such as Ikaruga or Under Defeat as I really think that both, 2D games and low detailed 3D games, look way better when displayed on a TV or even in 240p. I still can't wait for it to arrive! I'll try to provide you with some pictures of my final setup once everything is... well... set up. :D
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

temproh wrote:Hi!

I've been thinking about hooking up my second Dreamcast to my old CRT for quite a while now as I really enjoy playing all those new (well, more or less) Naomi shooters in TATE mode but don't want to regularly have to put my TV on its side. However, the original Dreamcast VGA cable is rather hard to get and I was sceptical about buying a 3rd party product.
That was until I searched eBay for "dreamcast vga" and noticed that one of the 3rd party adaptors is being sold by someone who calls himself "racketboy". I immediately thought: "Hey! That guy has a website with great articles about retro gaming!". Having read some articles on racketboy.com a while ago I knew that racketboy is quite a Dreamcast lover and thus I didn't hesitate to order one of his VGA cables right away.
I don't think I will use the adaptor for anything else than highly detailed 3D games such as Ikaruga or Under Defeat as I really think that both, 2D games and low detailed 3D games, look way better when displayed on a TV or even in 240p. I still can't wait for it to arrive! I'll try to provide you with some pictures of my final setup once everything is... well... set up. :D

Nice to have ya on board. You will love Dreamcast on VGA.