Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: CHARITY AUCTION 2013: DONATE UNTIL DEC 7th!!! AUCTION 12

by dsheinem Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:36 pm

bump bump bump

Send stuff! buy a Black Friday deal to donate! PM me! Spread the word!
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:57 pm

bump bump bump!

so far like 6 or 7 people have donated stuff :(
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:15 pm

C'mon, gais! Donate some cool stuff - the goal is to make money for the charity, not the postal service, so be creative.

-One nice item instead of 5 meh dvd's.
-Auction something that doesn't cost anything to ship - those with the skills could offer a "Design an avatar" or "Design you a Marketplace Banner".
-How about an offer to create and run a "Hi Score Thread". I know i'd pay at least $5 for someone to create a detailed Jamestown score thread :)
-How about those one-offs that you are done with and just might have some hi-value - maybe a unique controller or repro cart...?
-Get creative - have fun - DONATE!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:27 pm

dsheinem wrote:bump bump bump!

so far like 6 or 7 people have donated stuff :(

:(

I will have to see if I can put together another lot. C'mon people, make some donations!
pierrot
Next-Gen

by pierrot Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:31 pm

I have some things that I could potentially donate, but I felt dissuaded by the note about limiting donations to a certain number of big ticket items. I don't think I have anything that would really be interesting, or themed well enough.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:01 am

pierrot wrote:I have some things that I could potentially donate, but I felt dissuaded by the note about limiting donations to a certain number of big ticket items. I don't think I have anything that would really be interesting, or themed well enough.

I think the limiting donations may have been taken the wrong way. For those who participated (donated) last year, so many items cost more to ship than they actually sold for. Like DVD's or meh snes carts for $1 bid and then $2 to ship, the idea was...if we're going to do that...just make a donation to the charity instead of the USPS.

The other thing - with so many items last, the list was massive, something like 337 items, many unsold, many for only $1, and with all the clutter, the actual thread was really tough to look through - and definitely no room for pictures of 337 items.

By all means folks - find something that is going to sell for more than it's going to cost you to ship it and i'm sure Dave will add it. Many of us have really cool games or gaming items - hopefully some folks step up and are generous. The auction is incredibly fun when there are unique and fun items.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:17 am

mjmjr25 wrote:
pierrot wrote:I have some things that I could potentially donate, but I felt dissuaded by the note about limiting donations to a certain number of big ticket items. I don't think I have anything that would really be interesting, or themed well enough.

I think the limiting donations may have been taken the wrong way. For those who participated (donated) last year, so many items cost more to ship than they actually sold for. Like DVD's or meh snes carts for $1 bid and then $2 to ship, the idea was...if we're going to do that...just make a donation to the charity instead of the USPS.

The other thing - with so many items last, the list was massive, something like 337 items, many unsold, many for only $1, and with all the clutter, the actual thread was really tough to look through - and definitely no room for pictures of 337 items.

By all means folks - find something that is going to sell for more than it's going to cost you to ship it and i'm sure Dave will add it. Many of us have really cool games or gaming items - hopefully some folks step up and are generous. The auction is incredibly fun when there are unique and fun items.

What's the thought on PAL items? I might check out the shop near me and pick up some stuff for the auction, as I have nothing I want to donate myself right now. If it's just going to be a waste though, I might as well donate straight to the cause instead.
MrHealthy
Next-Gen

by MrHealthy Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:54 pm

I would bid on quite a few PAL games. There are quite a few PAL exclusive games out there, and of course many consoles like the PS3 or DS are region free and I would be willing to bid on anything I don't have. Also, A PAL version of super smash brothers melee would be an automatic minimum bid of $30 from me.
Luke
Next-Gen

by Luke Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Hopefully Dave and 'Stang will auction off a podcast guest thingamajig again.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Luke wrote:Hopefully Dave and 'Stang will auction off a podcast guest thingamajig again.

Be a guest podcast editor - $50
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever