Hip Hop/Rap Fanatics Unite!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
NotLuke
24-bit

Re: Hip Hop/Rap Fanatics Unite!

Post by NotLuke »

Nemoide wrote:I don't know if there are any other Dr. Octagon fans but I recently listened to the new album, Moosebumps, and it's pretty great. Kool Keith can be hit or miss but this one's a hit, solid stuff that feels like a continuation of Dr. Octagonecologyst. The fact that Dan the Automator and DJ Qbert are back really brings it up to the next level.
I'll admit that I have a soft spot for The Return of Dr. Octagon, even if Keith has disowned it, but Moosebumps lives up to the hype as "the *true* second Dr. Octagon album."

Just saw this and came here to post it.
Kool Keith isn't for everyone. Definitely is for me. Guessing he may be a big influence for Tyler the Creator and more cerebral rappers. Yes, I think Dr. Octagon, who is known for Earf Peepole, is cerebral. A kind of non-conventional cerebral.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Looking forward to Pouya and Fat Nick may 22. No rap fans on the board anymore?
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

I'm also a rap fan. Lol.

Thanks for the heads up on the Pouya and Fat Nick release. I checked out some of their music videos this morning after seeing your post, entertaining duo with some original videos.

Lately I've been revisiting Giggs' first album Walk in Da Park.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Taking my wife to see Pouya, Fat Nick, and Ramirez tuesday. We'll prolly be the oldest people there at 49 and 45 but i"m stoked. She'll be shocked though lol. Shes more a country/ matchbox 20 girl lol.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I'm hearing a castlevania type beat here
https://youtu.be/89qlhDPL3QM

Of course AOTP did bloody tears years ago, anymore castlevania sample rap stuff?
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Gotta keep us posted on how the crowd is at the show. I'm sure it'll be a culture shock for the wife. Hope you both enjoy the show!

I haven't been to a concert in quite a while. Hopefully I can make it to one or two this summer though.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Note wrote:Gotta keep us posted on how the crowd is at the show. I'm sure it'll be a culture shock for the wife. Hope you both enjoy the show!

I haven't been to a concert in quite a while. Hopefully I can make it to one or two this summer though.

Me either. My wife and i decided to get out more and do things we did younger. Last 8 months we seen slipknot knothead tour, hollywood undead, twenty one pilots, falling in reverse, one republic, ghost and suicide boys coming up, both us haven't been to concert in like 20 years, so having a blast!

Im sure the crowd will be lit for pouya!
Last edited by stickem on Wed May 17, 2023 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Also we saw the Kat Williams tours last week. First comedy show. I love that guy. Lady of rage preforming "Afro Puffs" was a surprise as an old death row fan
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

stickem wrote:
Me either. My wife and i decided to get out more and do things we did younger. Last 8 months we seen slipknot knothead tour, hollywood undead, twenty one pilots, falling in reverse, one republic, ghost and suicide boys coming up, both us haven't been to concert in like 20 years, so having a blast!

Im sure the crowd will be lit for pouya!

That's a nice run of shows, with a few coming up! It's crazy to think that the last concert I went to was a Griselda Records show in the summer of 2019, which was a great time. Prior to 2020, I usually went to a few rap shows a year.

stickem wrote:Also we saw the Kat Williams tours last week. First comedy show. I love that guy. Lady of rage preforming "Afro Puffs" was a surprise as an old death row fan

That sounds like fun, I've only been to a few comedy shows too. My sister had an extra ticket to a John Mulaney stand up set last summer, so I went with her to that. I wasn't too familiar with his stand up, but I had seen him host SNL, as my partner likes to watch it. He mostly talked about his rehab stint and other wild issues he was dealing with, I found it to be pretty funny. Lol.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I haven't seen many rap shows at all tbh. Last one i seen was Cypress hill, fuggies, Nas, busta rhymes tour years ago. Mostly been to rock, top 20, metal concerts over the years. Would love to see Griselda.