Hip Hop/Rap Fanatics Unite!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
muhanad
64-bit

Hip Hop/Rap Fanatics Unite!

Post by muhanad »

Saw the metal thread and I was wondering if anyone on racketboy was into Hip Hop/Rap.

Like real rap, not corny radio stuff. :)

Lets chop it up about our favorite rappers, songs, albums, and interests! :D
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: Hip Hop/Rap Fanatics Unite!

Post by Luke »

"Rap is something you do, Hip Hop is something you live"-KRS ONE

Noise knows I use that quote a lot.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

I've been mostly out of the loop

I've heard alot pre 2002

but not the new stuff, mostly mainstream stuff i've heard on the radio.

I think I may fall under the "new rap sucks" crowd

Give me some links so i can change my mind.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

sigh. I'm here. I'll... try to post. I'm (probably?) the biggest hip hop head on this board. But I kind of hate bothering honestly.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

noiseredux wrote:sigh. I'm here. I'll... try to post. I'm (probably?) the biggest hip hop head on this board. But I kind of hate bothering honestly.

Enough of your whining. Hip hop and .... you know what comes next.... say it.... don't make me angry....

HIP HOP AND YOU DON'T STOP! Yeah, that means you. No wimping out and not bothering. YOU DON'T STOP! HIP HOP!
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

J T wrote:
noiseredux wrote:sigh. I'm here. I'll... try to post. I'm (probably?) the biggest hip hop head on this board. But I kind of hate bothering honestly.

Enough of your whining. Hip hop and .... you know what comes next.... say it.... don't make me angry....

HIP HOP AND YOU DON'T STOP! Yeah, that means you. No wimping out and not bothering. YOU DON'T STOP! HIP HOP!

I just don't like defending "taste." I think that's lame and stupid and pointless. I like what I like. And often I feel that needs to be justified somehow which is dumb. I like b-movies, Lindsay Lohan and lots of hip hop that many folks don't agree with. But I feel like it often turns into a discussion. "WHY do you like this? Justify it." But why?
muhanad
64-bit

Post by muhanad »

What rappers/styles of rap are you guys into?

Luke wrote:"Rap is something you do, Hip Hop is something you live"-KRS ONE

you know when you like KRS you like good rap 8)

flojocabron wrote:I think I may fall under the "new rap sucks" crowd

Give me some links so i can change my mind.

I kind of fall in that boat as well, when it comes to big mainstream people. But theres alot of new great dudes out there that you should check out. I'll gladly give you some suggestions ones I know what your into.

noiseredux wrote:I'm (probably?) the biggest hip hop head on this board

I would have to disagree with you on that :D
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

muhanad wrote:I would have to disagree with you on that :D

not an argument. Just saying, I'm 32 and been obsessed w/ hip hop since I was about 14 or so. So not a contest. Just saying that my prior experience here is I'm a bit more... well 'versed' than most? 8)
muhanad
64-bit

Post by muhanad »

noiseredux wrote:I just don't like defending "taste." I think that's lame and stupid and pointless. I like what I like. And often I feel that needs to be justified somehow which is dumb. I like b-movies, Lindsay Lohan and lots of hip hop that many folks don't agree with. But I feel like it often turns into a discussion. "WHY do you like this? Justify it." But why?

Well were just having friendly disscusion. I think its fun to talk about what I'm into and why. Who do you like that people don't agree with? I'm interested to know :?:
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

We do chat about hip hop a good bit in the regular music thread...I personally am not a fan of all these spin out threads as I feel it kills a big part of the point of that thread.

In any case, I have pretty similar tastes in this genre as Noise...which is to say I have a lot of appreciation for both older and newer rap. For example, I think we were the only two "defending" the new Kanye album in that thread, but we've also had interesting chats about stuff from the 80s and early 90s iirc. So yeah, I probably will stick to the main music thread :?
Last edited by dsheinem on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.