Black DS lite exclusive to Europe? And American release.

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ivo
Next-Gen

Black DS lite exclusive to Europe? And American release.

Post by Ivo »

Black is such a nice color choice that I am surprised they are making it exclusive to Europe!
The price is quite decent considering the current price of the regular DS: £99 in U.K. and 149 Euro in rest of Europe.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6151610.html

On the other hand, $129 is the price in US... And I'm going to the States near June 11th, I might be better off getting a White DS on the US.
Does anyone know if the chargers it comes with are just for 110 V (how was it with the regular DS)?

Ivo.
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

The charger is most likely only 110v... I know the Japanese version is already out and on sale and only excepts 110v. There really wouldn't be a necessity for 220v acceptance here... I don't think anyone plans on plugging their DS into a Clothes Dryer or Air Conditioner out let here in the states.

[edit]
Oh and the Jap versions come in black, white, AND a really cool Ice Blue colour. Check out Lik-Sang for a look.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

lordofduct wrote:The charger is most likely only 110v... I know the Japanese version is already out and on sale and only excepts 110v. There really wouldn't be a necessity for 220v acceptance here... I don't think anyone plans on plugging their DS into a Clothes Dryer or Air Conditioner out let here in the states.

[edit]
Oh and the Jap versions come in black, white, AND a really cool Ice Blue colour. Check out Lik-Sang for a look.

In terms of colours I'd probably like (shiny?) black more than the other ones. And being european the 220V charger would be more convenient (laptop chargers take both Voltages, I think for handhelds they should do that as well so you don't need a converter on the move). Still the US one is $50 cheaper than what we will get here in the U.K., which makes me wonder if I should just go ahead and get it while I'm there.

How long does it usually take for Nintendo to slash prices on their handhelds? :P

Ivo.
Conn
24-bit

Post by Conn »

Japan doesn't have a black, they have a navy blue.

If Europe gets an actual black though, I'd import it.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

Conn wrote:Japan doesn't have a black, they have a navy blue.

If Europe gets an actual black though, I'd import it.

I don't know if this is photoshopped or actual product shot (and it is a bit small anyway) but I found a picture here in a UK handheld site, and it looks fabulous in black:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/news.asp?c ... 68&sec=&t=
CurulleanCat
32-bit

Post by CurulleanCat »

Only problem with black is that scratches show up easier.