To our friend Breetai. We're all going to miss you buddy.

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Re: To our friend Breetai. We're all going to miss you buddy

Post by retrosportsgamer »

A tragic loss for our family here. He was also one of my favorites, always willing to answer a PM and have a conversation. His knowledge, friendliness and demeanor will be greatly missed.

Thank you for sharing the news and also a picture. Please keep us posted on his daughter. As Dave suggested, I would be onboard with a donation in his name so his family knows the type of impact his passion had on others.

RIP
TrevorF
16-bit

Post by TrevorF »

Thank you very much for all of the kind words. It's really nice to see that Blake had so many friends here as he was truely fond of you all. I don't remember a time where he wasn't talking about something/someone from this community.

If people do wish to send flowers/condolences, they can be sent to:

Cheslock Family
127 Wilde St
Dryden, ON
P8N 1P1
Canada

I also see that there are a few people asking about donations/auctions. I would be happy to part out my collection to raise money to put towards a college fund for his daughter Hinako.

Again, thank you all for your support.
Thing's that I'm looking for at the moment: Super Mario RPG manual(SNES), Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals map and cart(SNES), The King of Dragons Box and manual(SNES), Lufia and the fortress of doom CIB(SNES), Earthbound CIB(SNES), EVO: The Search for Eden CIB(SNES), Harvest Moon CIB(SNES), Mario Paint CIB(SNES), Bomberman Party Pak With Super Multitap(SNES), DoReMi Fantasies CIB(SFC).
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Wow... he's been a regular figure on this and other forums I've visited for longer than I've been involved and he was a great voice and well of information for MD/Genesis and PCE/TG-16 fans.

This is really sudden and shocking. I hope his daughter is okay but I can't imagine how she and the rest of his family must feel. Our community really lost a good one.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

TrevorF wrote:Thank you very much for all of the kind words. It's really nice to see that Blake had so many friends here as he was truely fond of you all. I don't remember a time where he wasn't talking about something/someone from this community.

If people do wish to send flowers/condolences, they can be sent to:

Cheslock Family
127 Wilde St
Dryden, ON
P8N 1P1
Canada

I also see that there are a few people asking about donations/auctions. I would be happy to part out my collection to raise money to put towards a college fund for his daughter Hinako.

Again, thank you all for your support.

Thanks, and thanks again. If I host the auction again next year I will do what I can to see that Hinako is a recipient.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

He just posted a few days ago, my condolences to the family.

Breetai's NEC Guide - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39471
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

Sad news indeed. My thoughts and prayers go out to the loved ones left behind.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

My condolences, he was a really great guy and always willing to contribute. Hope he can rest in peace.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

A fine man taken away from his family and loved ones, rest in peace Breetai.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

I just learned about this and I am shocked and very very sad.

He was truly one of the nicest guys on the forum and the sudden way he died, together with the fact that his daughter is in the hospital and has just lost her father, made me really really sad.

I really DON'T have words to describe how I feel. I tried, but really failed at it. THis is just too sad. We'll miss you bussy :'(
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

I don't even want to read the article.. Too sad.. I can't imagine what's going on with the wife or daughter.. The one trade I did with him was one of the best experiences on racketboy and made me feel like I could trust anyone here.. And he definitely was very helpful and knowledgeable about games and consoles particularly the PC Engine... Huge loss and my sincere condolences...
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!