YOUTUBE!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: YOUTUBE!

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Stop whining people. If you're really so fed up with YouTube try RedTube instead.
Sonicx360
24-bit

Post by Sonicx360 »

YouTube's best years were 2005 - 2008, 'nuff said!
R.I.P. Megaman/Rockman: December 1987-July 2011
R.I.P. Sonicx360 (YouTube): May 3, 2006-April 19, 2009
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Stop whining people. If you're really so fed up with YouTube try RedTube instead.

Warning: NSFW Redtube is NSFW... :lol:

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Hobie-wan wrote:Fuck me, there are ads? You'd think they want to have money coming in from advertisers to pay for the servers, internet connection, electricity, and youtubers that get paid for their videos or something. Sheesh the nerve!

Yes, it's a business, blah. But it just gets me since it was never like this years ago and the ads just get more and more rampant. Kind of had to accept this over time though, I also remember when Gametrailers and the likes never had ads either, but any video site nowadays and you're guaranteed to get that crap now. Maybe I'm extra cranky about this because when I was still living with my parents I stopped watching TV for like 5 years, now that I have my own place and cable again it blows my mind how many commercials there are. Completely forgot the feeling, it's just hilarious and that's where the internet is heading.

Anyways I completely agree with people about them tying it way too into the Google stuff/accounts. I completely don't care about that and wanted them separate, and again I go to youtube to watch videos, not talk to people or make friends. So all that's just annoying and useless.

Just cluttered with too much crap going on thesedays. Feels a lot like how consoles are just universal machines as well. Yes I have to be that snobby guy that misses the days when I could just toss in a disc/cartridge and get to the game instantly. All that other stuff like Netflix or whatever is convenient, but I don't utilize probably over half the features everyone tries to push on the systems now and boast about.

Don't know if that comparison is good at all but whatever, I'm just grumpy and liked when youtube was bare bones, had its singular focus on user uploaded videos and that was that.

GET OFF MY LAWWWWWWWN!
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Xeogred wrote:GET OFF MY LAWWWWWWWN!

Bang bang, Xeo shot them down,
Bang bang, they hit the ground,
Bang bang, that awful sound,
Bang bang, no ads will taint his tube, tube tube tube,
Tube tube tube, tube tube...

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

Xeogred wrote:fuck ads

Dude, just use an edited hosts file. Problem solved.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

brunoafh wrote:
Xeogred wrote:fuck ads

Dude, just use an edited hosts file. Problem solved.

In combination with a decent adblocker add-on.

That way you don't even see something is missing...

Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I've always used AdBlock Plus. Do you guys not see ads embedded in actual videos before they play or something?

Also looks like google changed things up recently too.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Xeogred wrote:I've always used AdBlock Plus. Do you guys not see ads embedded in actual videos before they play or something?

Also looks like google changed things up recently too.

With a decent hosts file in combination with AdBlock you don't get none of that shit.

brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

elmagicochrisg wrote:With a decent hosts file in combination with AdBlock you don't get none of that shit.

Yeah, a recent hosts file and AdBlock will give you 100% ad-free browsing. I never see ads. Including on YouTube, or any video streaming site.