Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

by NebachadnezzaR Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:55 pm

RyanDG wrote:Fortunately, this isn't real. It was a fake press release posted on NeoGAF (including misspelled engrish) as a bit of a practical joke following all the rumors of a Street Fighter beat-em up

Ok then, sorry for posting incorrect information (man, I trust that site, I believed it was true).
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

by gradualmeltdown Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:42 pm

I want the game to look like some of the current anime I saw in Japan during August. I don't follow anime at all so forgive me for not knowing the series, I'll surf and find an example.. The shows I saw all looked completely handrawn and 2D, until in an action sequence the entire world would shift in 3D maintaining the 2D look. Its so hard to explain but its just awesome, the entire animation scheme is 3D but made to look handdrawn. The majority of the game could be in 2D gameplay style including dynamic views during big moves. Replays could look just like the trailer.

I think the PS3 could do something crazy like this if they focused on it, but I doubt we'll get anything close. They can cash in on something far simpler.
I like old games
I like new games
I like games
RyanDG
8-bit

by RyanDG Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:43 pm

NebachadnezzaR wrote:
RyanDG wrote:Fortunately, this isn't real. It was a fake press release posted on NeoGAF (including misspelled engrish) as a bit of a practical joke following all the rumors of a Street Fighter beat-em up

Ok then, sorry for posting incorrect information (man, I trust that site, I believed it was true).

No need to apologize... In the wacky world of media embargos, rumors, and video game journalism, its crazy business trying to sort out fact from fiction (and even harder relying on second hand information) - especially since Capcom has pretty much put a clamp down on all news regarding Street Fighter IV coming out of the Gamer's Day. Hopefully we'll get some solid facts soon.
raztat
128-bit

by raztat Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:48 pm

i just hope it comes out for the 360, and plays like a 2d game.
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

by NebachadnezzaR Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:04 pm

RyanDG wrote:No need to apologize... In the wacky world of media embargos, rumors, and video game journalism, its crazy business trying to sort out fact from fiction (and even harder relying on second hand information) - especially since Capcom has pretty much put a clamp down on all news regarding Street Fighter IV coming out of the Gamer's Day. Hopefully we'll get some solid facts soon.

Well, judging by Gagaman's reaction it seemed like I said a blasphemy or something...

raztat wrote:i just hope it comes out for the 360, and plays like a 2d game.

Judging by Capcom's recent multiplatform policy I bet it will come out in most current consoles, so it will probably have a 360 version.
Daigr
24-bit

by Daigr Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:58 pm

Very happy to see this announcement come true. The bionic commando announcement was pure disapointment. Capcom has given a good name to the old "countdown" trick. Where can I reserve this; it will be 2D they won't go 3d and perhaps if they do. I suspect it would have 2D gameplay.

Hopefully with the current gen technology we will see updates after it comes out with character downloads, current character patches, background downloads. Since capcom will probably make 5 versions of the game in the end. :D :D :D

Official site here - http://www.streetfighterworld.com/

Street Fighter 4 - A new beginning
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

by RadarScope1 Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:32 pm

Gotta be 2D. Can't see them taking it 3D. Probably using what they've learned with the HD remix of SF2 and applying it to this.
kinn
64-bit

by kinn Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:30 pm

Wow! Finally! SF4 is a reality!

I guess Capcom realised that there was still a demand for SF2 with the strong sales of SF2 on Xbox Live and the strong interest in SF2HD.

Doesnt Capcom of America hold the licence/copyright for the SF series? If true, does that mean it will be developed in America rather than in Japan?
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever