Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

by NebachadnezzaR Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:36 pm

http://playstation.ptgamers.com/noticia ... ticia=2616

For those of you that can't read Portuguese (all of you, I guess) it basically says here that it will not be a one-on-one beat'em up. Instead its going to be an action/adventure game, something like Soul Calibur Legends. There will be a two-player cooperative mode, hordes of enemies on the screen, power-ups and combos.

Oh, and the full name apparently is Street Fighter IV: Legends Force Degrees
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:49 pm

Mozgus wrote:Eh, whatever. If it's not the most detailed, most fluid 2D sprite fighter yet, I won't care. If it's 3D, well say hello to another EX.

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind, but we'll have to wait and see...
All Hail The New Flesh
64-bit

by All Hail The New Flesh Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:56 pm

Well, all I can say that I am completely speechless, I thought its not going to happen, first Sonic being confirmed in Brawl, and now this! I guess nothing is impossible now.
GagaMan
128-bit

by GagaMan Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:58 pm

NebachadnezzaR wrote:http://playstation.ptgamers.com/noticia.asp?id_noticia=2616

For those of you that can't read Portuguese (all of you, I guess) it basically says here that it will not be a one-on-one beat'em up. Instead its going to be an action/adventure game, something like Soul Calibur Legends. There will be a two-player cooperative mode, hordes of enemies on the screen, power-ups and combos.

HOAX. Don't listen to this garbage.

The trailer may not be 2D, but hell, if the game looks like that, I don't think I'll mind so long as it still plays like the 2D games. Hell, if that was in-game it would be incredible. The facial expressions are the best I've ever seen in 3D animation, it's like a dark graphic novel brought to life.
ImageImageImage
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:05 pm

GagaMan wrote:
NebachadnezzaR wrote:http://playstation.ptgamers.com/noticia.asp?id_noticia=2616

HOAX. Don't listen to this garbage.

The trailer may not be 2D, but hell, if the game looks like that, I don't think I'll mind so long as it still plays like the 2D games. Hell, if that was in-game it would be incredible. The facial expressions are the best I've ever seen in 3D animation, it's like a dark graphic novel brought to life.

There were previouly rumors of the Street Fighter action game, and while it may come true, I REALLY doubt that Capcom would use the title "Street Fighter 4" on a game that is that different from the previous installments.
NebachadnezzaR
64-bit

by NebachadnezzaR Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:18 pm

GagaMan wrote:]HOAX. Don't listen to this garbage.

Is it a confirmed hoax?
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

by gradualmeltdown Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:19 pm

hell, if Capcom could make an amazing action game that included great individual fights along the way it might be one of the best Street Fighters ever. I imagine a large world like Shenmue where you play out a storyline and move from fight to fight. If they did that and made it look anything like that demo I'm in. Hell, telling a story in the Street Fighter universe could be cool.
I like old games
I like new games
I like games
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:23 pm

gradualmeltdown wrote:hell, if Capcom could make an amazing action game that included great individual fights along the way it might be one of the best Street Fighters ever. I imagine a large world like Shenmue where you play out a storyline and move from fight to fight. If they did that and made it look anything like that demo I'm in. Hell, telling a story in the Street Fighter universe could be cool.

If executed well, yes.
If it's done like Virtua Quest (what was originally a Virtua Fighter RPG), it could be bad.
RyanDG
8-bit

by RyanDG Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:50 pm

Fortunately, this isn't real. It was a fake press release posted on NeoGAF (including misspelled engrish) as a bit of a practical joke following all the rumors of a Street Fighter beat-em up.

With that said, there are still some questions about the street fighter action game that has been circulating around a bit. I believe if anything, it seems like it may be an additional mode in Street Fighter IV similar to the Devil Within in Tekken 5. This is speculation of course, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Personally I'm just glad that it appears we are getting a true Street Fighter follow-up.
Last edited by RyanDG on Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All Hail The New Flesh
64-bit

by All Hail The New Flesh Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:50 pm

In my theory of what the game is going to be like, I think the game is going for the Viewtiful Joe look, like the game is in 3D, but the gameplay is 2D, I could be wrong but you would never know.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever