confusion?!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
dreamcast4ever83
128-bit

confusion?!

Post by dreamcast4ever83 »

Ok so I have been reading this site for info and buying from this store for years but really avoideing joining but i got the bug and decided to cause i figured this is what i would find:

"Warning im bad with grammer don't read if this annoys you"
1.cool people
2.open minded gamers
3.speak freely (as long as its not vulger)
4. having fun
5. a community of fellow gamer's who love what i do great games.
6. get help and opnions

Im new to forums im not a social networking person at all cause i don't like most people honestly mainly rude one's(you know people who hate there lives and put there own insecurities on you). Im very smart in ways but grammar is not one of my strong points. Im trying to work on it. I never thought i would be made fun of so bad for it.. I gotta say im confused . :?: :!: Since i have been on here trying to do the things listed above and talk to cool people its been really bad. There are some really nice cool people on here i enjoyed alot!! :) who were helpful respectful and nice :) but There were more people i had problems with. the nice one's were few and far between

I was told its just being the new guy and being picked on and everyone is cool but im actually starting to fell more sad and depressed then ever. i rather enjoyed just keeping my games and opnionss to myself. I though it would be nice to share my ideas. Maby im not a forum guy but i have been here for 7 weeks and so far this is what has happened:

1.Been verbally abused,call dumb and idiot,made fun of non-stop for my grammer cause its not my strong suite, been called a troll by people who were trolling me lol ironic and I think they were just bored and trying to upset me or get me off of here. and far worse then i posted something saying that i was upset and i got called a whiny attention grabber fag lol

2. my name dreamcast4ever has been made fun of?!? on a retro site thats huge on sega! Why? I have even had people call the dreamcst dumb and horrible which i would never have expected. Hell i had people yelling at me cause i like to post in sega? who care's.

3. I have had to contact moderators non-stop which they were actually rather helpful :) although i think the people being so bad should be kicked off. I may have bad grammer and need to learn posting rules but atleast im honest and respectful of others.

4. I wrote a topic called who gets the most date's/tail of video game mascots which was locked and i don't even know why? it was not vulgar really just fun and good humor which make's me fell like i can't have fun or speak my mind or maby i don't understand rules well .was i not allowed to post that in generally gameing?

5. point is i love this site and all the info i have followed it for years and its sad that when i joined all i felt was sad and hurt by so many bad things. I know your thinking its internet get over it or people just play with you but this was way extreme i was being followed to eveything i posted being called an idiot and dumb worse then highschool. to the point moderators had to keep locking my topics.

6. Im still learning about proper posting and rule's i figured that people might help me out but instead i got yelled at and insulted

Has anyone else had all these problems on here?

Even when i had a post with perfect grammer no problems i got harrased anyways. These people must be miserable or jealous

whats the point of me being on a forum where i get bullyed,called names,insulted and i can't speak my mind even if its innocent

I still love this site and everything on it and racketboy himself seems like a really cool person:) thanks to everyone who was cool and nice like i was hopeing for. as for the rest well whatever im sure your leave a nasty comment on this post like all the others to make me fell bad... that's if this post is not locked in 10min.

For all i know ill get kicked off nothing surprises me honestly and before you judge. This is me just speaking my mind in a honest way im not insulting this site or all the nice people here that i have talked to here or the moderators, just the experiences i have had with the bad one's (its been worse then grade school)

maby i will try to get back on in 6 month and see if this changes,i wish i could talk to racketboy himself cause i bet he is hella cool but you can't controll cyber bullys only moderate it which they do.

The moderators tho have really been helpful so thank you :)

Anyways take care and keep gameing :)
Curlypaul
Next-Gen

Re: confusion?!

Post by Curlypaul »

Well I'm sorry that you've been chased away dude, and I think its starting to become a bigger and bigger problem around here. Thats clear from the number of newcomers that make posts like this one above. There are plenty of cool people here and you can def find conversations about collecting, gaming, sega and all the other things on here, but it seems like newbies have to whether the storm to get there first, which is sad as this used to be a really welcoming place. Grammer and spelling seem to be particularly scrutinised.

I know the mods here are pretty tight and pretty fair, so I'm not too sure what to suggest to be done about it.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

dreamcast4ever83 wrote:1.Been verbally abused,call dumb and idiot,made fun of non-stop for my grammer cause its not my strong suite, been called a troll by people who were trolling me lol ironic and I think they were just bored and trying to upset me or get me off of here. and far worse then i posted something saying that i was upset and i got called a whiny attention grabber fag lol

4. I wrote a topic called who gets the most date's/tail of video game mascots which was locked and i don't even know why? it was not vulgar really just fun and good humor which make's me fell like i can't have fun or speak my mind or maby i don't understand rules well .was i not allowed to post that in generally gameing?

I do like to see proper spelling and grammar as it makes a post easier to read & understand otherwise I will not bother to read the post. But it's sad that some people need to belittle another person for this.

I can understand why a topic like "mascots getting tail" topic would get locked up. This forum tends to have mature discussions and something like this does not belong here. There are other forums that have discussions like this and it would be perfectly appropriate there. Just like in real life, there are certain topics that you might bring up with some of your friends/relatives but not others. Something like this, I might bring up with some close male friends but not with my parents, wife, in-laws, kids.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

dreamcast4ever83 wrote:6. Im still learning about proper posting and rule's i figured that people might help me out but instead i got yelled at and insulted

Its just that you need to take the time and look at what you post. Use the Preview and Edit tools to make your Post an easier read. You made an effort in your post by putting all the smileys in, yet basic sentence structure needs work. Items such as capitalization, apostrophes and even placing a period at the end of each sentence. You can right click for a spell check on misspelled words. Don't worry about using Edit to fix a post. I do it enough and my posts still won't pass as a term paper, but at least the effort is shown.

Nothing wrong with any login name, everyone has a reason why they pick theirs. Obviously your choice is for the Dreamcast which is also a console I like. I hope you do stick around, any member adds to the knowledge unique to Racketboy.
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

JsGameRoom
64-bit

Post by JsGameRoom »

Sounds to me like you're taking the internet a wee bit too serious

Ps: The attitude about being picked on like you have coupled with that avatar of yours says a lot.

I don't mean that in a dick way at all. I'm being dead serious. It makes sense now...

Also. You obviously speak English. That much is apparent, and to say your grammar is bad shows that it's obvious you know, but don't seem to take very many strides towards improving it. I mean you continuously spell grammar wrong, it's stuff like that you where you obviously don't care about spelling right, but choose to complain when people call you out that is the funny part.

If this site is making you feel more " sad and depressed" My honest to God opinion is put your computer away, and don't sign back onto any gaming site what-so-ever. This site is actually one of the sites with WAY less trolls/ebullies that I've seen.

Then you end it with people call you an "idiot" and "dumb" and that was worse than highschool. If the worse you were called was an idiot in high school, then you had one of the best high school lives I've ever heard.

I will end this with one piece of advice.

DONT FEED THE TROLLS
Last edited by JsGameRoom on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

JsGameRoom wrote:Sounds to me like you're taking the internet a wee bit too serious

Why does it matter whether it's real life or on the internet? He feels like every time he turns around he's being bullied and criticized and that's not the kind of enviroment he wants to be in. I don't blame him.
JsGameRoom
64-bit

Post by JsGameRoom »

Welcome to real life. The world of criticism. You will be criticized every day at work, at school, in a marriage, by your children, etc.

If you can't deal with criticism, take a step back and re-evaluate how you think because if you don't. The world will become a very shitty place for you.
Zing
Next-Gen

Post by Zing »

I understand how you feel. I, too, have experienced a certain forum where I contribute what I felt was decent content only to have a vocal group complain for various reasons. Just know that only the jerks who feel they are better than you will be the ones who type out a reply to your topics. Most people who agree with you or enjoy your posts have no strong opinion to force upon you and others.

I will say that sloppy grammar and spelling will instantly turn off quite a few people. There is really no excuse for it when you have instant spell-checking (and even grammar-checking) along with wikipedia and other online references to help you write correctly.
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay
Curlypaul
Next-Gen

Post by Curlypaul »

JsGameRoom wrote:Welcome to real life. The world of criticism. You will be criticized every day at work, at school, in a marriage, by your children, etc.

If you can't deal with criticism, take a step back and re-evaluate how you think because if you don't. The world will become a very shitty place for you.

I can't deal with critism either, apparently its part of aspergers. I've learnt to concentrate on/invent reasons why I think the person doing the criticizing is wrong but its not really ideal. I'd rather people just got along and were more constructive with one another.
JsGameRoom
64-bit

Post by JsGameRoom »

Curlypaul wrote:I'd rather people just got along and were more constructive with one another.

A lot of people would prefer that, but as we all know it will never happen.

Many of these trolls are the people in high school who were picked on and are still insecure but now they can hide behind a computer screen and act like a bad ass.

I've dealt with a few I went to high school with. I was the jock( who was somehow also in choir and drama club. Figure that one out lol) So in high school nobody screwed with me.

But now that I'm in my 20s those kids I used to pick on, now will try to find me on Facebook and start shit, and go to my fiancee and start shit and etc. One made the move of finding my fiancee's number and harassing her. Needless to say he wasn't a smart enough to figure out " Hey if I can find J's fiancee's number, maybe he can find mine too"....Needless to say he shouldn't have lived 5 minutes from me.

Fortunately for a lot of these trolls they live across the country or world. So they feel "safe" if you can call it that.