It seems everything i do on here is wrong. (confusion)

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

Re: It seems everything i do on here is wrong.

Post by pepharytheworm »

cookie monster wrote:I would like to explain a bit about myself so that you better understand. My Mom abandoned my Dad and I on Christmas Eve when I was 9, so it was just him and I. When I was 16 he got very ill, so I dropped out of school; I had a 3.9 gpa. I had to get a job to care for him, which I did until he passed away.
I have had a total of 24 concussions, so the fact that I know my own name is amazing, yet I still continue to learn new and exciting things. I am not lazy when it comes to grammar and such; I will try to do better for those that have issues with it. To those that enjoy me the way I am, thank you.

Fancy punchyashun and stuff done by foxhound1022. :D

That was much easier to read and understand than your first post in your thread. I stopped reading the first one because it was to hard to follow. Thank you for putting extra effort in this post. No one expects perfection, but just enough to understand each other.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

cookie! Be free to be whatever you want to be!

I try to imagine people here in my crazy head.

you now remind me of her...

A tough sweetheart! :wink:
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Arbitern1
128-bit

Post by Arbitern1 »

Cookie I like you, butits damn hard for me to not think of you as a troll.
Curlypaul
Next-Gen

Post by Curlypaul »

@Arbitern1 - Are you deliberately being a jerk?
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Curlypaul wrote:@Arbitern1 - Are you deliberately being a jerk?

All the posts were from the same time, so I think he may have multiple posted on accident.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

foxhound1022 wrote:As far as Ziggy's post; I do believe that there were a few things within it that could be percieved as insulting, even if your intent was for the better. I just think it's rude to tell someone they come off sounding like a 3rd Grader, or imply that one is being lazy.

I was surprised when I didn't get any flak for my post, I knew I would. This is exactly why you never catch me telling people why their wrong, because some one comes along and tries to tell me I'm being rude or a jerk. Even though I said flat out several times that my intent was to help and not insult, you still claim that I was being insulting and rude.

Out of context, I'll agree, telling some one they sound like a 3rd grader or saying they're lazy is rude. But that's out of context! I said the lack of punctuation sounds like something a third grader wrote. It really does. And I didn't even direct that solely at CM, that goes for anybody. I believe I went on to say that we don't know what she looks like, sounds like, etc. All we have is what she types. So I was actually implying that I'm sure she sounds "normal" in real life, but she should try to convey that in her posts by using a little punctuation. I was not implying that she has the intellect of a 3rd grader, but that's how a post without punctuation will make you sound. So I don't believe I was being insulting there.

Lazy was the most appropriate word to use. Characterized by lack of effort or activity. The lack of effort to use spell check or hit the period key. We're all lazy at times, why does it have to be rude to point it out to some one?

My first paragraph was this: "First off, take this as constructive criticism and nothing else (don't be offended). And this goes for every one, not just you. Sorry if it seems like a long read, but please try and read it all. I'm only trying to help. " And then you tell me that I was being rude and insulting. Tip-toeing on eggshells will get you know where in this sort of situation. I took the time out of my day to type that whole explanation up, clearly I was only trying to help.

@ cookie monster: Hopefully you don't think I was being insulting or rude just for the sake of hurting you. For the record, I never had a problem with you before. But you posted this thread and asked, so I replied. I don't know if it was because of my post or not, but I noticed that your last post in this thread has lots of punctuation and whatnot. It is most appreciated by anyone that reads it.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

I understand your intent was to help, but I also think you could have still clearly conveyed your point of view without the addition of those comments.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Dear cookie monster,

Welcome to the racketboy as most of us here I can imagine you have found a place to call "home".It upsets me you had to put up a thread on thinking you had some wrong doings.Overall the community is very respectible and helpful,I havent dug deep into finding why you feel this way or who has critque you.But would like to say with so many different walks of life here,its very viable we will all have our fair share of varied opinons and comments.

Whatever the reason for this here,I havent noticed anything you were doing wrong or "on purpose".You seem tough and have some life experience thats made you strong.I can see you being a great member to have around,and hope your experience here continues to fulfill your thirst for knowledge.

Have a wonderful day and great time on board.Dont take anything personal and use that to your advantage!

Thanks for sharing your story :wink:
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Key-Glyph
Next-Gen

Post by Key-Glyph »

So who wants to give Cookie a big hug now that we've heard her backstory? I mean, holy mackerel.

*HUG*

BogusMeatFactory wrote:If I could powder my copies of shenmue and snort them I would
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

cookie's great. I am glad that she is a member of this community, and I would hate to see her leave.