suggestions for eBay problem?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
dsheinem
Next-Gen

suggestions for eBay problem?

Post by dsheinem »

So I sold an old and broken laptop on eBay for $30 + $15 shipping. Hurrah.

I shipped it to the confirmed address. It came back undeliverable.

The person told me to send it to a different address which they'd get confirmed. I shipped again to the confirmed address. It came back again. (Turns out it was the same address, and their change didn't take or something - I had already forgotten the initial (and same) address when i mailed it the second time).

They still want their laptop and are still giving me an unconfirmed address via eBay messaging. I don't want to send it to any address (confirmed or not) at all anymore since to do so means I would (at best) break even or (at worst) lose money by shipping a THIRD time.

It hasn't been escalated to a case yet, but I thought I'd see what y'all thought I should do. I laid the problem out to the buyer and am waiting for their reply.
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: suggestions for eBay problem?

Post by Hobie-wan »

Sounds like it is their fault and unless they want to pay shipping again, I wouldn't want to ship it again. Since they either couldn't make sure their address was correct to begin with or are possibly scamming you, you don't want to send it to some unconfirmed address and then have them claim they never got is so you're screwed out of the whole $45 again and the laptop. No idea what Ebay's policies are though.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Did you ship to the address on their paypal? If so, it should've tracked as undeliverable and thus you'd be off the hook for a paypal claim. For the ebay part of it, Worst case you may lose an item not received case, in which case you could lay out the events to customer support and they would likely credit your account any lost monies. So you lose a case and don't get rid of your laptop, but you "should" get reimbursed.

Maybe call customer support on your own now and get their take?
weaponepsilon
64-bit

Post by weaponepsilon »

Which service are you delivering through? Are you also checking to see if their addy is valid online?
Check out my Trade thread!
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16059

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 914 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs