All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Hows the job market in Colorado?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:43 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:01 pm
Posts: 14626
Location: Shoreline, WA
sevin0seven wrote:
have you ever thought about moving to the San Francisco Bay Area? you'll probably feel more home here (Asian community here is huge) and the job economy is getting better again. plus we can hangout! Ryu and Joe Higashi! :mrgreen:

I hear the cost of living is miserable out there. Plus, it's way too sunny. I was there for a weekend and got quite depressed by it.

_________________
Image
ZeroAX wrote:
You can't like TF2 and not like Nerf Now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Hows the job market in Colorado?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:50 pm 
Offline
Next-Gen
User avatar
 WWW  Profile

Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:09 pm
Posts: 9224
Location: Adana, Turkey
MrPopo wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:
have you ever thought about moving to the San Francisco Bay Area? you'll probably feel more home here (Asian community here is huge) and the job economy is getting better again. plus we can hangout! Ryu and Joe Higashi! :mrgreen:

I hear the cost of living is miserable out there. Plus, it's way too sunny. I was there for a weekend and got quite depressed by it.

I was told by my parents (could be wrong), that SF has the highest cost of living of any major city in the US.

_________________
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Hows the job market in Colorado?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:51 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:16 pm
Posts: 9759
yeah dude, avoid the sun. Unless you have your Jim Power in 3D glasses, then you should be coo.

_________________
Image


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Hows the job market in Colorado?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:07 pm 
Offline
Next-Gen
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 1:26 pm
Posts: 4691
Location: Ragol (FORREST 1)
MrPopo wrote:
I hear the cost of living is miserable out there. Plus, it's way too sunny. I was there for a weekend and got quite depressed by it.


Sort of weird. My productivity goes through the roof (work, school, home - it doesn't mater) when it's overcast, raining, or snowing. I must be kin to Gollum. I'd do just fine in Washington state.

_________________
ImageSale/Trade ThreadImage ~ PM me for free joystick grease (Molykote 44) here
Nintendo ID, PSN & XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Hows the job market in Colorado?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:18 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:01 pm
Posts: 14626
Location: Shoreline, WA
s1mplehumar wrote:
MrPopo wrote:
I hear the cost of living is miserable out there. Plus, it's way too sunny. I was there for a weekend and got quite depressed by it.


Sort of weird. My productivity goes through the roof (work, school, home - it doesn't mater) when it's overcast, raining, or snowing. I must be kin to Gollum. I'd do just fine in Washington state.

Yeah, Washington's fantastic that way.

_________________
Image
ZeroAX wrote:
You can't like TF2 and not like Nerf Now.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Hows the job market in Colorado?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:34 pm 
Offline
Next-Gen
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:51 am
Posts: 3651
Location: Denver, CO
MrPopo wrote:
s1mplehumar wrote:
MrPopo wrote:
I hear the cost of living is miserable out there. Plus, it's way too sunny. I was there for a weekend and got quite depressed by it.


Sort of weird. My productivity goes through the roof (work, school, home - it doesn't mater) when it's overcast, raining, or snowing. I must be kin to Gollum. I'd do just fine in Washington state.

Yeah, Washington's fantastic that way.


If I ever moved to another state, it'd be Washington, for that very reason.

I'm just like simple, that sort of weather energizes me.

As for the topic, I can't say much about Colorado that you don't already know really. Its comparable to anywhere else in the country.

If you look hard enough, you will find a job, for sure, there's always retail and labor stuff available. (Its harder if you're a teenager, and in that sense I sympathize with Ryan. I had the same problems at that age that he's having now, and that was 7 or 8 years ago.) But will you nail a job that pays what you need and utilizes your skills? That's a tougher question.

I know that's really broad, but its the truth.

In any case, there's a lot to love about Colorado besides work related stuff, so I'd hope to see you come here anyway.

Hell, we're pretty close to maybe being able to organize a Denver Racketboy Meetup! :lol:

_________________
ImageImage
GameSack wrote:
That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Hows the job market in Colorado?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:10 pm 
Offline
Next-Gen
User avatar
 WWW  YIM  Profile

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 11:18 am
Posts: 8777
Location: Bay Area, CA
MrPopo wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:
have you ever thought about moving to the San Francisco Bay Area? you'll probably feel more home here (Asian community here is huge) and the job economy is getting better again. plus we can hangout! Ryu and Joe Higashi! :mrgreen:

I hear the cost of living is miserable out there. Plus, it's way too sunny. I was there for a weekend and got quite depressed by it.


Asian people love the hot weather here since that's how it is back in their homeland (probably more hotter). Yeah, it does cost a lot to live in SF, but the Bay Area is big to find great deals on Apt or homes outside of SF city.

_________________
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here


Top
 
 Post subject: Re: Hows the job market in Colorado?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:21 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar
 Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:16 pm
Posts: 9759
Siberia / Mongolia = Asia :wink:

_________________
Image


Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: