Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Entrapment

by Hobie-wan Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:10 pm

Ok, I don't actually have hopes for this not turning into a clusterfuck political mess and I think smoking pot is dumb if not for medical reasons, but I think people should be able to do stuff that's not too terribly harmful to themselves or others if they're not too stupid about it. I just gotta share this asanine bull though.

Sweet giminy fragging christmas on a pogo stick. :x
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Entrapment

by emwearz Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:18 pm

My girlfriend once asked me to get her some panadol, NEVER AGAIN!
Zing
Next-Gen

by Zing Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

One of the things that Canada got right. The only people the cops go after around here are the growers.
Selling half my NES/SNES/PS1 collection (ending Dec 1):
http://tinyurl.com/zingebay
sabrage
Next-Gen

by sabrage Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:30 pm

Zing wrote:One of the things that Canada got right. The only people the cops go after around here are the growers.

We've got that ass-backwards here. Growing is legal (with a license) but actually smoking it is not. What?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:33 pm

cookie monster
Next-Gen

by cookie monster Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:58 pm

That is insane i have no problem with people smoking pot as long as they are not stealing from me to get money for it my brother has been getting high for almost 20+ yrs and he is a fully functioning adult with 5 kids he uses to help with pain management for degenerative back problems which is hereditary in my family i think it is more healthy for him to smoke than take the pain killers he is prescribed
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:12 pm

We often hear that we need to fight the drug war to protect the kids. As these despicable examples show, more often the drug war is ruining young people's lives and doing more harm than good.

Nice way to sum it up.

dsheinem wrote:IMAGE

That's what I was thinking coming into this thread!

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!
sbk
64-bit

by sbk Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:13 pm

That is fucked up. I won't go into my views on drugs because I am quite liberal with it but this i just sad. Wasting money to bust a few pot head high schoolers instead of doing a real job is redic.
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

by pepharytheworm Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:25 pm

I think there is more to that story then whats being posted. I have a feeling they just interviewed the kids while the cops said no comment.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Don't know if the news was big outside of Long Island or NY, I'm sure the other LI and NYC Racketboy members know very well, but there's been just problem after problem with prescription drugs around here. The one that woke every one up (but they'll probably go back to sleep soon) was the murders on Father's Day last year. Some douche bag and his trash wife needed Oxycontin or whatever, so they decided to rob a pharmacy. The guy ends up killing four people. On New Years, an off duty cop or DEA or something like that was killed when interrupting the robbery of a pharmacy. These were just the two big headline stories recently, but there's many examples of drug related problems. Including the heroine addicts that burglarized about 50 cars in my neighborhood (at least, that's how many people reported incidents). Talking to people, I've heard similar stories in other neighborhoods. From my point of view, it's a huge problem.

Pot? What the fuck is pot? No one is breaking into our houses and cars because they need money for pot. No one is committing murder because they need pot. I'm so glad the powers are on top of this pot situation though. If they weren't doing such a good job, perhaps we would have more pot related crimes. Meanwhile, how many missing RX pads?

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever