Website advice

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
vgrageaholic

Website advice

Post by vgrageaholic »

So I want to set up a games review website, but I'm getting lost in the options available - Joomla, Wordpress etc.

One key thing I want on the site is the ability for the reader to easily drill down into more than one level of category - in other words, let's say a review is tagged with 'PS2' and 'RPG' - I want the reader to be able to navigate preferably either way to that review. In other words, they browse to the PS2 reviews, and can then filter to the RPG reviews within, but they can also go vice-versa - into the RPG reviews, then into the PS2 section.

I realise I'm rambling like a fool, but does anyone A) understand what I'm asking, and B) know how easy this would be within either Wordpress or Joomla (or other)?

Thanks....
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Re: Website advice

Post by Metal Jesus »

Most blog-like sites will allow you to tag posts and make it easy to make a site map. However, based on my personal experience, I would stay away from Wordpress unless it will be maintained by somebody with a lot of programming knowledge. The reason is that Wordpress is very popular and susceptible to hacking and comment spam. It can be a full time job just fighting that once your site gets picked up and popular in Google searches.

My personal site has been brought down TWICE because of spammers and database hacks while using Wordpress. Very annoying.