Megaupload Dead

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

Re: Megaupload Dead

Post by AznKhmerBoi »

Right here my friend :D

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/

BRIK wrote:Damn where will I get my por... EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENTARIES now?
PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

AznKhmerBoi wrote:Right here my friend :D

http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/

BRIK wrote:Damn where will I get my por... EDUCATIONAL DOCUMENTARIES now?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Still, a sad day for the internet... :|

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
DomitorInvictus
24-bit

Post by DomitorInvictus »

Whatever is necessary to protect the almighty dollar!
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

A lot of indie games would host their files on MegaUpload and give them away for free, so this will suck for them and their fans. That's the main reason I'm familiar with the site, so I'm not happy about this, though clearly MegaUpload was also full of pirated material too.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Jontendo
64-bit

Post by Jontendo »

I feel sorry for the good people of Retromags. They're going to have a ton of scans to re-host after this. :(
http://www.retromags.com/forums/index.php?

[Edit] - Oops, just noticed gtmtnbiker already mentioned this on Page 2. Great site though, I hope they get things sorted out again.
Flake

Post by Flake »

I feel for the nobler causes that utilized Megaupload but let's be honest here: That site was scarcely known as the premier hosting service for legit content.

The fact of the matter is that until sites like Megaupload do a better job of policing their content, shit like SOPA or PIPA are always going to be on the horizon. The Internet needs to grow up and get smart if it wants to stay unfettered.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Flake wrote:I feel for the nobler causes that utilized Megaupload but let's be honest here: That site was scarcely known as the premier hosting service for legit content.

The fact of the matter is that until sites like Megaupload do a better job of policing their content, shit like SOPA or PIPA are always going to be on the horizon. The Internet needs to grow up and get smart if it wants to stay unfettered.

That's bullshit...

Most movies I see I see for the first time on MegaUpload.

If I like them enough I buy physical copies of those movies / series in time...

Nice, keep it up guys... :mrgreen:

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

Post by BurningDoom »

Damn. I'm happy I had just recently discovered RetroMags, nearly all their files are hosted through Megaupload. I got all the issues I wanted to read, so I'm set.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

oh boy my heroes...

Those dudes are dbag hackers on a power trip that cause grief for many people, including us.

It is unfortunate that the legit users of Megaupload are no longer going to be able to use their services. However, if they didnt keep better tabs on piracy going through their service, what can you expect? I dont care much for the recording industries, but it also really hurts the artist and creators of the work. It is easy to sit back and see only how it effects you, but not the bigger picture. I am not an artist, but if I was I could see the frustrations that would arise from getting my work stolen or pirated...