2011 Charity Auction: Items Arriving! Leave Feedback!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Luke
Next-Gen

Re: 2011 Charity Auction: Items Arriving! Leave Feedback!

Post by Luke »

Christ. No good deed goes unpunished, does it?

What are the games/items that will not be shipped from aaron's account? If I have them, I'll donate 'em to the winning bidders and ship 'em (within reasonable cost).

Hate to see anyone get the short end of the stick when donating to charity.
Flake

Post by Flake »

*unstickied*

Dave, see my PM I just sent you. I have a feeling you will get at least a few like it.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

@dsh: sigh.

I'd rather not make this a PM. I'm sorry things ended this way Dave. And of course I understand your souring. Which is a shame. You've certainly done an amazing job with these auctions. Having said that -- no guilt trip whatsoever. Should you choose to not continue next year, I still applaud you for your many hours of hard work prior.

Thank you.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Its a shame things ended this way... :(

I do want to say dsheinem, that the effort that goes into these auctions is certainly appreciated, so whether or not it continues next year, thank you for everything you've done.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Dave, I think you are overworked buddy.

I'll throw this out there: I wouldn't mind help hosting this year's charity auction, and if you could give some advice, I think Noise and I would make a great team to oversee it (if Noise would like to of course).

My face gleams and beams at every chance I get to talk about our community's philanthropic work. It's what really makes me feel not only happy, but proud to be a member of the RB forum.

Just let me know how I can help. I promise that I have always been and will always be a simpatico person on all charities.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

just an update: aaron sent a PM to many of you indicating that his items had shipped (or would be soon). At this point, since you've already been refunded for those items, you can consider them as a freebie and a thank you for your patience. If you feel the need to still make a payment for the item, please send that payment on to the Alzheimer's Association directly, since this was all for their benefit and I'd rather turn the negative stuff associated with the auction into a positive of a larger total donation.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

So it took all the way until July, but I did get a "thank you" letter of sorts in the form of a bulk mailing from the Alzheimer's Association this week. You can read the letter I sent them along with our check here.

For anyone curious:

IMG_3644.JPG
IMG_3644.JPG (47.92 KiB) Viewed 1349 times

I'll keep an eye out for a mention of "The Racketboy Forum Members" in any future mailing from them that lists donors (since this is how I asked the donation be noted in public listings).
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

dsheinem wrote:I'll keep an eye out for a mention of "The Racketboy Forum Members" in any future mailing from them that lists donors (since this is how I asked the donation be noted in public listings).

Sounds like you shouldn't hold your breath.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Thanks for sharing the letter.