My Sonic Youth collection

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
noiseredux
Next-Gen

My Sonic Youth collection

Post by noiseredux »

I thought I'd show off my other big collection: Sonic Youth. My favorite band. If any of you follow, you know that their future is up in the air right now. Which is devastating to me. I've been following them obsessively for well over a decade now. So thought I'd show off *some* of my collection. I say some because I didn't pull out all my singles, and because I didn't pull out doubles or alternative versions of releases. I also didn't include all my t-shirts, posters, bootlegs, solo albums, side-projects, etc. So here we go!

Official Albums:

The SYR Series:

Soundtracks & Collections:

Live Albums:

EP's:

VHS & DVD:

Books:

god
64-bit

Re: My Sonic Youth collection

Post by god »

BUT... do you have a copy of 'Dirty' with the obscene image hidden under the disc tray?
Big Zenny Hustler
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

god wrote:BUT... do you have a copy of 'Dirty' with the obscene image hidden under the disc tray?

I used to actually. That's the version I bought in high school. But I had 4 copies of Dirty and decided to just keep the deluxe. I just realized I have an extra Washing Machine CD too since I bought the import with bonus live disc.
god
64-bit

Post by god »

nice collection by the way... they're a band I've been into on and off for years. Dirty was my first album by them and I loved it. I used to check under the disc trays on cds all the time for some reason. This was the only time it paid off. I would check every copy of that album I saw and never saw another one like that. An ex took that copy from me years ago.

Just recently in a shop called 'Reverse Garbage' (they take waste from businesses and sell it as art/craft materials) i saw a box full of broken cd cases. And in there was the back of a case for 'Dirty' with the hidden image! pretty beaten up, maybe a little mouldy, but for $0.10 I had to make it mine!

Big Zenny Hustler
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

nice score! The original disc tray for the dirty Dirty picture was orange.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Saw Sonic Youth @ Penn State in '98

I think I'd appreciate it more today but it was an all day festival and they were the headliner.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

You've really out-gayed yourself this time.
god
64-bit

Post by god »

noiseredux wrote:nice score! The original disc tray for the dirty Dirty picture was orange.

Yeah, I just read that while looking for the image. I've never seen that, my original was just black.
Big Zenny Hustler
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Never been a huge fan of indie/alternative rock, but I dig some Sonic Youth. Daydream Nation is such a great album.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

god wrote:

not even that bad, but damn she has a nice ass.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.