All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Avatar (airbender) fans: Legend of Korra release date!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:52 pm 
Next-Gen

April 14th at 11AM. I don't have cable, so I'll have to download it at like 12 or 1, but still - awesome!

Post subject: Re: Avatar (airbender) fans: Legend of Korra release date!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:41 pm 
Next-Gen

Wow, I never heard of Legend of Korra until now. I just skimmed through the Wiki page for it.

I'm actually a pretty big fan of Avatar. The story was simply amazing. It will be hard to top. So yeah, I don't think I have high hopes for this series. It sounds pretty cool, and definitely worth checking out. But until I'm proved wrong, I wont get my hopes up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:15 pm 
Next-Gen

I hear ya man, I really do. But Ive seen several of the clips that have been released and I have to say that it has very much the same 'feel' as the original series. You can check out http://korranation.tumblr.com/ for some of the vids. That is NOT my site, so I'm not plugging it, lol. In fact, scroll down a little and watch the vid that is labled "The White Lotus travel to a distant village to discover the new Avatar - Korra!"

It's really funny and you see Korra as a child.

Now, considering that Korra is the new Avatar and that it takes place about 100 years after the first series, that means one big thing: Aang is dead. He's got to be, for her to exist at all. Now that is a bummer, but hopefully it will keep the same wit/action/drama and great writing as the original series.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:34 pm 
Next-Gen

Well I was just doing some reading. It seems that the original creators are executive produces and co-creators of this new mini series. And I read that they're writing every single episode, not sure how true that is though.

I read it takes place 70 years after the original series. And since Korra is the new Avatar, yeah, that means Aang is dead. But don't forget, Aang will probably make an appearance on the show, and probably more than once. How many times did Aang communicate with his past lives in the original series? I read that Aang's son will be a character on the show. And there will be metal benders, so guess where that came from. Yup, Toph. And apparently Toph's daughter will be in the series as well. So all references and possibly back stories from the original series will be cool to watch.

I also read that it will be a little darker than the original series, which might be nice. I mean, it's still Nick so it's can't be TOO dark. Another thing I read is that since it's a mini series, there will be no filler episodes. All episodes will be prime story. So that's a plus, I guess.

I mean, if it's pretty much by the same creators as the original series, I can't see how it could be bad. But the story of the original series is really what gets me. Sure, bending is cool, the choreographing was cool, et cetera. But will the story be as good? I hope so.

edit: Do me a favor and bump this thread on April 13th so I remember to set my DVR :lol: I'll bite on this mini series... I need something to hold me over for Breaking Bad.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:13 pm 
Next-Gen

It's gonna be a mini series? Oh well, I guess that's still ok. I'll try to remember to bump the thread, lol. Ive got my google calendar set to remind me to watch for it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:18 pm 
128-bit

I love Avatar! Bought all three books on DVD. Legend of Korra should be great. Too bad I'll be at work when its on. :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:55 pm 
Next-Gen
 WWW  YIM  Profile

I recently watched Avatar again on Netflix and really enjoyed it!! Great story, characters, and animation 8)

Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:08 am 
Next-Gen

looks like someone couldn't wait.....

WATCH IT BEFORE IT GETS BLOCKED!

but if its on the net now, then its free for all the world to see, you just have to look.

check out buzzfeeds link!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/entire-first-episode-of-the-legend-of-korra-leak

watching it right now and hoping that this isnt fake!

2600,2600jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES and snesJR, Sega CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn,Blue ps1, JP PS1, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:03 am 
Next-Gen

flojocabron wrote:
looks like someone couldn't wait.....

WATCH IT BEFORE IT GETS BLOCKED!

but if its on the net now, then its free for all the world to see, you just have to look.

check out buzzfeeds link!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/entire-first-episode-of-the-legend-of-korra-leak

watching it right now and hoping that this isnt fake!

gah! i have to get ready for work so I cant finish it. I seriously doubt it will be there when I get home this afternoon. But so far it's good. They even referenced Zuko's mom, lol that part was cool.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:53 pm 
Next-Gen

Anyone get to catch the first 2 eps that were streamed on Korranation.com? I ended up downloading some 720p rips of them and we watched them last night.

Avatar is back. 'sall I'm sayin.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next