Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
aaron
Next-Gen

Re: Musician's thread?

by aaron Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:24 pm

indecks wrote:Yeah dude, that's impressive man. Love the drums in that. Very energetic and awesome.

Thanks man! Much appreciated :)
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
indecks
Next-Gen

by indecks Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:40 pm

There's gotta be more than a small handful of musicians here!
Pabstblueribbon
64-bit

by Pabstblueribbon Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:04 pm

I play drums and have been in and out of bands for 9 years now. the band i'm in now is called Salvo, we're a metal band. weve gone through a few lineup changes since this was recorded but heres our reverbnation. recordings aren't the best but totally home made and free of pro tools. check it out if you like metal

http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/salvometal

We've had a hell of a last year or so, opened for Godsmack, five finger death punch, theory of a deadman, stone sour, The Bunny The Bear, Dr. Acula, Polkadot Cadaver, Downtown brown...Ive been playing for 13 or so years now, been gigging out nonstop for 8 years...hoping to make a career out of it, money involved or not.

Heres a picture of me and one of my kits. Its a ludwig element with a mix of sabian and zildjian cymbals, gibratar rack.
indecks
Next-Gen

by indecks Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Pabstblueribbon wrote:I play drums and have been in and out of bands for 9 years now. the band i'm in now is called Salvo, we're a metal band. weve gone through a few lineup changes since this was recorded but heres our reverbnation. recordings aren't the best but totally home made and free of pro tools. check it out if you like metal

http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/salvometal

We've had a hell of a last year or so, opened for Godsmack, five finger death punch, theory of a deadman, stone sour, The Bunny The Bear, Dr. Acula, Polkadot Cadaver, Downtown brown...Ive been playing for 13 or so years now, been gigging out nonstop for 8 years...hoping to make a career out of it, money involved or not.

Heres a picture of me and one of my kits. Its a ludwig element with a mix of sabian and zildjian cymbals, gibratar rack.

wicked.

BlackDS
Next-Gen

by BlackDS Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:46 pm

Ive been playing Piano for about a year and a half, and I am in a band every now and then (we have formed a habit of breaking up after EVERY show :( )

So, obviously i am nowhere near a pro, but I would would like to take my music more seriously in the future
Ack wrote:You WILL be respectful of each other, or I WILL shove my mod foot so far up your Internet ass that your avatar will wince. Do you understand, children?

My Sale thread, lots of nintendo, neo-geo, and sega stuff!
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24526&p=305373#p305373
Pabstblueribbon
64-bit

by Pabstblueribbon Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:52 pm

BlackDS wrote:Ive been playing Piano for about a year and a half, and I am in a band every now and then (we have formed a habit of breaking up after EVERY show :( )

So, obviously i am nowhere near a pro, but I would would like to take my music more seriously in the future

Ive been in like 10 bands that broke up after every show. sooo frustrating. keep jamming though, band or no band...once you find a band you can stick with for a while you never know where its gonna go.
Pabstblueribbon
64-bit

by Pabstblueribbon Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:03 pm

Runefaust wrote:I used to be in a band; I play guitars an' bass. My younger bro Alexander Lee is the real musician, former lead for Bonded by Blood, now the lead guitarist for Holy Grail.

Damn dude, i've met your brother when he was in bonded by blood...holy grail is fucking great!!!
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:33 pm

Oh snap totally missed this thread my info is on the bottom/my signature.

I got 4 demos up on reverbnation,but the sound quality is pretty low considering I didnt upgrade my package (Cant really hear the basslines).Plug a pair of headphones in and you may get a sound closer to what I recorded.

I work with 2x MC-808's for live performance and studio.Korg mini for sound sculpting/Vocoder and some other things.Editing,Programming and Sequencing is my fortay.Everything is layed down note for note.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
weaponepsilon
64-bit

by weaponepsilon Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:30 pm

So our drummer left our band that he basically helped shape because he's been "into" this chick whose a folk musician. She's nice, pretty, and very talented, but not metal. Suddenly we're sans a stick slinger. Okay...Well I cannot for the life of anyone who means anything FIND A FREAKING REPLACEMENT! I mean I paid money to join "musician" sites to find almost no one willing in my area to play metal. Those who do are either not motivated or already stumbling over their baggage to respond. ONe guy was all, "Damn, I'd kill to be in your band! Uh, but, I uh, haven't really been on stage. And Uh, I don't want to drive downtown. And, Uh, can I borrow like $20 for gas. Oh, and I won't come to your band practice because I live and hour away." I've scoured Craigslist, Backpage, all the social sites, stalked people on google, randomly introduced myself to people who help some semblance of a musician...you name it. I even randomly found a dude who was all gungho about joining and loved our music ETC. One small problem: NO FREAKING KIT! I offered to even buy him a kit and I never got a response. I am practically at wits end. ARE THERE NO MORE RELIABLE THRASH DRUMMERS IN MINNEAPOLIS?!

/rant
Check out my Trade thread!
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16059

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 914 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

by YoshiEgg25 Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:44 pm

weaponepsilon wrote:So our drummer left our band that he basically helped shape because he's been "into" this chick whose a folk musician. She's nice, pretty, and very talented, but not metal. Suddenly we're sans a stick slinger. Okay...Well I cannot for the life of anyone who means anything FIND A FREAKING REPLACEMENT! I mean I paid money to join "musician" sites to find almost no one willing in my area to play metal. Those who do are either not motivated or already stumbling over their baggage to respond. ONe guy was all, "Damn, I'd kill to be in your band! Uh, but, I uh, haven't really been on stage. And Uh, I don't want to drive downtown. And, Uh, can I borrow like $20 for gas. Oh, and I won't come to your band practice because I live and hour away." I've scoured Craigslist, Backpage, all the social sites, stalked people on google, randomly introduced myself to people who help some semblance of a musician...you name it. I even randomly found a dude who was all gungho about joining and loved our music ETC. One small problem: NO FREAKING KIT! I offered to even buy him a kit and I never got a response. I am practically at wits end. ARE THERE NO MORE RELIABLE THRASH DRUMMERS IN MINNEAPOLIS?!

/rant

mjmjr25 is somewhat local, plus I hear he plays a mad Taiko. ;)
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever