What Anime are you Currently Watching?/Anime Recommendations

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: What Anime are you Currently Watching?/Anime Recommendat

Post by samsonlonghair »

I love serial experiments: lain.

I love paprika even more!
johnblade
32-bit

Post by johnblade »

samsonlonghair wrote:I love serial experiments: lain.

I love paprika even more!

Serial experiments: lain is a good show to watch but you will need to re watch the show few times to understanding the story. Kinda crazy how some of the topics which is discuss in the show is accurate of the internet as this is in the pre stage of the internet when the show was aired.

For Paprika, love the movie quite a bit and a bit of a fan of the creator work.

I am in the process of going through few episodes of Maison Ikkoku right now (Ep 37 to 42) and still liking it but knowing the relationship between the two MC is moving slowly with so many misunderstand situation.
johnblade
32-bit

Post by johnblade »

Just going to post this here for people who like older anime. I am starting a new YouTube Channel where I post Anime promos & trailers which you tend to see in Anime VHS/DVD/Blu Ray. I have a nostalgia trips when watching them from my collection of Anime I have gather over a decade. This video is mostly target toward Media Blasters division Anime Works. Hope you people like it and maybe post impression if you have any.

https://youtu.be/RfA2FTLs9Mc
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Nostalgia blast!
johnblade
32-bit

Post by johnblade »

Welp... I just upload the second trailer remix on YouTube and now I get slap with Copyright claim and now blocked for people to watch worldwide. I am now wondering if I should just put all my video private or unlisted but have a feeling it won't solve this issue. Do anyone here what is the best path with this as I am just posting trailers from old show for people to watch or do I try another video streaming site over this.

EDIT: Quick update. As I won't able to post my anime trailer remix based on the company distributor on YouTube, I have slowly uploading them from another streaming site which I hope the video will stay there for people to watch them. I do miss those old anime trailers in the past and want to let people have the chance to watch it. I will keep on making this till I run out of anime trailers to upload in a remix which by then I move on. Those which won't get ding on YouTube copyright will be post there but almost all I am doing will be posting in the alternative video streaming site.

Link below of anime trailers remix I manage to upload as of now. Keep an eye to see more.

Media Blasters Trailer Remix 01 https://archive.org/details/MediaBlastersTrailerRemix01

US Manga Corps Trailer Remix 01 https://archive.org/details/USMangaCorpsTrailerRemix01
johnblade
32-bit

Post by johnblade »

Just posting some more anime trailer remix I have manage to upload for people to watch. Hope you like them.

Geneon Anime Trailer Remix 01 https://archive.org/details/GeneonEntertainmentTrailerRemix01
Media Blasters Trailer Remix 02 https://archive.org/details/MediaBlastersTrailerRemix02
ADV Trailer Remix 01 https://archive.org/details/ADVTrailerRemix01
johnblade
32-bit

Post by johnblade »

Just finish watching Good Luck Girl! as I manage to get the box set for $29.00 with shipping. A minor dent on the box but the disc is fine. A very fun easy watch with so many anime reference from other anime show. Very funny to watch between the two female MC who have a very different personality which work quite well. Also, a very good English dub which make certain joke work quite well. Would recommend for anyone to watch it.
Dikdikvandik
32-bit

Post by Dikdikvandik »

I am way WAY out of the anime loop, BUT certain gaming companies and their boneheaded racist censorship....have led me back.
I just picked up Prison School and Shimonetta to mark my triumphant return to the world of Animu.

BUT I have no idea about what's out now. I know the big hotness now is My Hero Academia, No real interest.
Happy Sugar life sounds...INTERESTING.

I'm very old school with my anime. Fist of the North Star, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, Excel Saga are among my all time favorites...
and of course the unfinished symphony that is Berserk. I like me some mind fuck anime like Lain and every Evangelion ripoff ever.

Anything this Oldtaku should check out?
marurun

Post by marurun »

“Racist” censorship? WTF? :roll:
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
johnblade
32-bit

Post by johnblade »

Dikdikvandik wrote:I am way WAY out of the anime loop, BUT certain gaming companies and their boneheaded racist censorship....have led me back.
I just picked up Prison School and Shimonetta to mark my triumphant return to the world of Animu.

BUT I have no idea about what's out now. I know the big hotness now is My Hero Academia, No real interest.
Happy Sugar life sounds...INTERESTING.

I'm very old school with my anime. Fist of the North Star, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Ninja Scroll, Excel Saga are among my all time favorites...
and of course the unfinished symphony that is Berserk. I like me some mind fuck anime like Lain and every Evangelion ripoff ever.

Anything this Oldtaku should check out?

I guess it come down to genre of show you're interested to watch right now and what decade of anime you don't mind watching around. I might just throw some here just for you to look into. NOTE: Most of the anime are a bit older and not really recent show so, keep this in mind.

Abenobashi Mahou☆Shoutengai
Afro Samurai series
AIKa (just this series only. Don't watch the other sequel for it)
Binbougami ga! (If you like Excel Saga you might like this show for random stuff)
Black Lagoon and sequel
Cossette no Shouzou (might not for everyone cup of tea)
Dominion
Dual Parallel! Trouble Adventures (Think Evangelion but only the action scene and more into comedy)
RahXephon (Think Evangelion but less action and more thinking)
FLCL
Full Metal Panic! and the entire series
Gakkou no Kaidan
Great Teacher Onizuka
Golgo 13 (The movie and the TV series but pace a bit on the TV series as it might get boring if watching back to back)
Gunsmith Cats
Iria: Zeiram The Animation
Kamichu!
Kenran Butou Sai: The Mars Daybreak
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon
Lupin the Third: Mine Fujiko to Iu Onna
Macross Plus
Macross II
Macross
Miami Guns
Mousou Dairinin
Musekinin Kanchou Tylor
New Dominion Tank Police
Paprika
Riding Bean
Samurai Champloo
Sunabouzu
Taiho Shichau zo and the entire series
Texhnolyze
Tiger & Bunny and the entire series (Seriously go watch this series)
Gunbuster I and II
Venus Senki
Wolf's Rain
Witch Hunter Robin
Armitage III and the entire series
Bubblegum Crisis
Dirty Pair and the entire series