So what would you guys think of having Trump as president?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

Re: So what would you guys think of having Trump as president?

Post by AznKhmerBoi »

geez its like the presidental election keeps getting shittier and shittier through time.....
PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

AznKhmerBoi wrote:ohh god y. If hes gonna pour some of his money into the economy then YES!

But he's not. His stance is a limited government with little taxes from the rich, and he think that Obama wasn't born in the US. Of the three, only the former is a sane idea, the second is downright greedy (considering that it's the country that allows for him to be rich, i.e. if it wasn't for the system we have he would not be able to make money), and the third marks him a nutcase. He may be great in real estate and management, but those things do not a great president make. If anything, judging by the rich business leaders in the 1920s and early 2000, it'll make the country worse.
Last edited by o.pwuaioc on Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

AmishSamurai wrote:Image

I vote that this thread is now about Sora no Woto.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
saturnfan
128-bit

Post by saturnfan »

Ack wrote:For the record, Ron Paul says he's officially running.

If we are lucky he will win.

As for Trump, I would prefere him and well almost anybody over Obama.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Donald Trump supports a flat tax, a la, Steve Forbes. Which "is fair", however, is not feasible the way the government has allocated funds over the years. You need the 30%+ from the millionaires to support the "programs" many of us Americans rely upon.

If you got to a 13-15% flat tax, the 1 trillion plus dollars the government currently runs on becomes significantly less. 91-93% of tax payers would pay more now than they currently pay in taxes. For this reason alone, he will not win, so it is a moot point.

Additionally, while many of us think it would be "fun" to watch someone tell off Alexander Lukashenko and other major league a-holes, it is not conducive to general peace and prosperity for this...and other countries. It will not happen, it is a pointless side-show.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Is Trump an ideal choice? Obviously not, but we rarely have anything even remotely resembling ideal choices, so until I see who he is running against, it's hard to say who is the lesser evil. That's just the sad truth of politics.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

mjmjr25 wrote:If you got to a 13-15% flat tax, the 1 trillion plus dollars the government currently runs on becomes significantly less. 91-93% of tax payers would pay more now than they currently pay in taxes. For this reason alone, he will not win, so it is a moot point.

Studies show that many Americans think that a 30% chance of rain means that it will rain for 30% of the day. I wouldn't count on anything even slightly mathematical to be a deciding factor in an election.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

mjmjr25 wrote:Donald Trump supports a flat tax, a la, Steve Forbes. Which "is fair", however, is not feasible the way the government has allocated funds over the years. You need the 30%+ from the millionaires to support the "programs" many of us Americans rely upon.

Even if you took 100% from all of the millionaires, you couldn't support the current programs.

But Donald Trump isn't a serious candidate. He'll drop out of the race before he has to make the financial disclosures. He wants people to think he's richer than he really is. It's all a publicity stunt.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Sideroller
128-bit

Post by Sideroller »

Trump won't win. He doesn't have enough support from the Republican party itself - and the runners for the party aren't particularly strong candidates. I think it's likely we'll see Obama take a second term or at least see another Democrat.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

J T wrote:Studies show that many Americans think that a 30% chance of rain means that it will rain for 30% of the day.

Seriously...?

christ almighty, I don't even know what to say to that.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.