Do You Have Kids?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean

Gaming with kids?

I have kids & we play games together
7%
I have kids & they play their own games
5%
I have kids, but they don't play games (yet)
10%
No kids yet...
78%

Total votes: 59

racketboy
Site Admin

Do You Have Kids?

Post by racketboy »

And do you play video games with them?
durkada
64-bit

Post by durkada »

The "yet...." part is ominious.

How 'bout a "Hell no" :)
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

"Hell No", here too.
All Hail The New Flesh
64-bit

Post by All Hail The New Flesh »

I am too young and I am not ready for kids yet
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

My wife and I are looking to have kids in a year or so...

We've been married 5 years now, so in a way, we've gotten really used to being by ourselves, but I'm kinda looking forward to it.

I'm just worried that I'll never have free time again.
Jimmy Yakapucci
64-bit

Post by Jimmy Yakapucci »

These replies are making me feel old. I have 3 step kids who have all played games at one time or another. In fact it was my step-son that got me back into video games as a way of having a common point of interest for bonding. I also have 2 grandkids, but they are too young to play right now, ( 1 and 2), not that they don't grab a controller when given the chance.

JY
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

racketboy wrote:My wife and I are looking to have kids in a year or so...

We've been married 5 years now, so in a way, we've gotten really used to being by ourselves, but I'm kinda looking forward to it.

I'm just worried that I'll never have free time again.

I've got a 10 month old baby boy. Its great and yes your free time will defo take a hit! But in a good way.

Of course at the moment he doesnt play games since he is too young. But that doesnt stop him from grabing the pad out of my hands!

It seems hard finding free time at the moment but once he gets older I hope that like Jimmy Yakapucci mentions, games will be a good point for bonding.
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
wyatt
32-bit

Post by wyatt »

None yet, in the next few years after we buy a home, and not just some house. If my kids won't play games, well clearly a paternity test is in order.
Let my legs shake me to sleep, and don't wake me when I sweat on my sheets.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

haha! totally "lifted."

anyway my son is nearly 18 months and can't quite grasp gaming yet. he's amazed by colorful games and quick moving sprites/characters (he loves the 16 bit sonics, and he'll watch me play a few of the more colorful DC games). i'm sure that once he gets a little older i will probably get him an n64, that seems to be a good system to start out on. it's cartridge based (kids+discs=bad idea), the games are colorful (for the most part), lots of good "kid-friendly" games in good quantity and not very expensive.

also, those of you with toddlers, here's a tip: my son right now is really into opening the flip-top lids of my DC and saturn. i have them unplugged when he's around so he can't turn them on (he loves pressing buttons), but i was concerned about him popping open the lid and getting that seemingly acidic drool of his on the lens. all i did was take one of those clear cd separators (the kind you get at the top and bottom of a new spindle of cd-r's) and stuck them in the disc trays. i firmly believe they've saved my systems. now my xbox on the other hand i haven't figured out how to keep him from opening the drive. that bright green LED is very tempting, it seems...
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

No kids... yet. Will in the future when I actually have everything I need to offer them. So far I have the house, next I need a secure business or income for them. At this time I'm a bit out there to handle kids...

shit, last friday on the sixth I was hanging out in Tampa and I just said to my friends, "I don't feel like going home" (West Palm Beach, FL).

Well I'm in Seattle, WA now. I don't think that would be a good thing to do if I had kids.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers