Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: World is Falling Apart Thread (Be nice;stop changing tit

by marurun Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:01 pm

I don't have a problem with private schools, but given the track record of most charter schools, I have a problem with privatizing public education using tax dollars. But I also have issues with the way many states fund education and pay teachers. Ohio's school funding methods were determined to be unconstitutional (state constitution) by the state supreme court, yet those methods have yet to be corrected. And the south pays teachers so little they cannot reliably attract good teachers. Privatization of public education won't fix either of those issues, however.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

by Ack Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:32 pm

Yesterday, July 4, North Korea successfully tested an ICBM capable of reaching Alaska.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:25 pm

Ack wrote:Yesterday, July 4, North Korea successfully tested an ICBM capable of reaching Alaska.

In response, the US and Korea shot a joint exercise pathetic missile ground to ground defense demonstration. Any unmanned missile that is over international waters should be fair game for a shoot down. It is time to shut North Korea down due to endangering Japan and South Korea. Justified since any missile approaching our allies should be deemed a threat, should not wait until a "test" missile reaches another country's waters or airspace.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Ack

by Ack Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:45 am

Well, we have an answer for John McCain's strange behavior in recent weeks, such as the James Come hearing. McCain has been diagnosed with a brain tumor, the same kind that killed Joe Biden's son.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
marurun

by marurun Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:45 am

It is an extremely aggressive type of brain cancer. Survival rates are not good for that type.
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:48 am

Praying he pulls through on this one.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:52 am

I started rapidly losing respect for Senator McCain since 2008 when he seemed to take a long turn right, but even with that, he's served his country with dignity and honor both in combat and in government for decades, and I hope that he beats the odds and pulls through. If he doesn't, I'll mourn him and honor him as a true American patriot.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:48 am

I'm not really a fan, either (coming from the other side of the political spectrum), but that's pretty much my sentiment as far as his service to the country. I try to pray for all of our leaders, regardless of political persuasion. I think all of them could stand a little extra dollop of wisdom when it comes to governance.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Talk about games ten years old or older. Now with a modern gaming section!
“History isn't just the story of bad people doing bad things. It's quite as much a story of people trying to do good things. But somehow, something goes wrong.” -- C.S. Lewis
marurun

by marurun Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:18 pm

I rarely agree with McCain on social issues, but I think government needs more folks who have served their country (not just militarily). You gotta respect him for his service.
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:21 pm

And he's been willing to stand up to some of his party's more extreme issues and work with the opposition on issues of national benefit. Even if I don't agree, the man deserves respect.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Return to Off-Topic / Whatever