All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 451, 452, 453, 454, 455, 456, 457 ... 546  Next
 Post subject: Re: World is Falling Apart Thread (Be nice;stop changing tit
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:42 am 
Next-Gen

This stuff has been floating around for a while. I wouldn't worry until something is proven, then we can cross that bridge. Throwing Pence in makes it sound very far-fetched, though.

When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -- C.S. Lewis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:18 am 
Next-Gen

Sad that once again Mainstream Media puts out fake news when not verified in order to create sensationalism for their ratings. Throughout the news feed video, CNN had a discalimer Title bar "Intel chiefs presented Trump with CLAIMS of Russian efforts to compromise him". Oh come on, its bad to slander with outlandish rumors, that belongs in the National Inquirer at the grocery stand.

I'll stick to Fox and a local Independent channel for real news instead of the canned feeds to the major networks. Ever notice ABC, CBS and NBC evening news have the exact same stories with same dialog? Though I will watch CNN tonight for the Town Hall Meeting with Paul Ryan. Gee I wonder if just like the Campaign Debates; the questions will be prestaged from the DNC to the audience? :?

Quote:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/donald-trump-intelligence-report-russia/

Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him

(CNN) - Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

The allegations were presented in a two-page synopsis that was appended to a report on Russian interference in the 2016 election. The allegations came, in part, from memos compiled by a former British intelligence operative, whose past work US intelligence officials consider credible. The FBI is investigating the credibility and accuracy of these allegations, which are based primarily on information from Russian sources, but has not confirmed many essential details in the memos about Mr. Trump.

:arrow: How many times disclaimers are used above you idiot CNN irresponsible journalists! That is just in the first two paragraphs. :!:

Quote:
"On Election Night, I Never Saw You So Unhappy" - http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... happy.html

RICK SANTELLI, CNBC: I think that what's going on here is really so politically driven. It doesn't matter who did what when. Working with Russia, we worked with Iran. Are they our friends? You have to take each situation uniquely. Listen, the president-elect has a boatload of issues. I agree with the pull of his ego. But I think that the media in general is just being quite unfair here.

CHUCK TODD: Wait, why is the media an issue? This is the intelligence community.

RICK SANTELLI: Okay, it's intelligence. Where was all of this when the D.N.C. was hacked in June? See, this wasn't made an issue. Because it would have put the emails and Hillary's server right in the middle in the thick of it. That's why this went under the radar screen. People in charge of intelligence are political as well here.

Quote:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/

Russia just said the unverified report paid for by political opponents is "A COMPLETE AND TOTAL FABRICATION, UTTER NONSENSE." Very unfair! Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING! I win an election easily, a great "movement" is verified, and crooked opponents try to belittle our victory with FAKE NEWS. A sorry state! Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me.Are we living in Nazi Germany?

Control vs extreme emotions will prevail in making a mark - Only 8 to 60 in 2018

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:42 am 

Actually I did watch CBS this morning, and they flat out stated that they could not verify any of the information themselves and therefore wouldn't report on it until it could either be confirmed or denied.

Then they played a clip of Conan O'Brien doing a monologue joke that whatever info the Russians had on Trump is "everything we already knew."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:44 am 
Next-Gen

Ack wrote:
Actually I did watch CBS this morning, and they flat out stated that they could not verify any of the information themselves and therefore wouldn't report on it until it could either be confirmed or denied.

Then they played a clip of Conan O'Brien doing a monologue joke that whatever info the Russians had on Trump is "everything we already knew."

:lol: Good for CBS for responsible journalism and Conan cracking the joke. Trump does have the reputation.

Trump holding a News Conference this morning. Hopefully the Media will ask important questions and not waste time on the fake news allegations. If the Media is smart, they will make good use of the limited time on the uncommon Trump News Conference. :?

Control vs extreme emotions will prevail in making a mark - Only 8 to 60 in 2018

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:18 am 
Next-Gen
 WWW  Profile

In all honesty, why should anyone give a fuck? This shit is ridiculous. Bill Clinton supposedly had a thing for cigars, remember?

This really is the 80s all over again. Russia is the BIG SCARY BAD, except now it's the left pushing it instead of the right.

I think I'm going to go do my multi-step morning routine, find some blow, and start chainsawing hookers.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:30 am 
Next-Gen

I think this is a good time to remind people that, if they have not already done so, they should watch The Manchurian Candidate (1962). (Watch the 1962 original; skip the remake.) It is an excellent film, and I highly recommend it.

As hard as it is to believe, Angela Lansbury is terrifying in that movie!

Also, I am very skeptical of the allegations leveled against Donald Trump. It will be interesting to see what comes out of them, however.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:05 am 
Next-Gen

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
I think this is a good time to remind people that, if they have not already done so, they should watch The Manchurian Candidate (1962). (Watch the 1962 original; skip the remake.) It is an excellent film, and I highly recommend it.

As hard as it is to believe, Angela Lansbury is terrifying in that movie!

Also, I am very skeptical of the allegations leveled against Donald Trump. It will be interesting to see what comes out of them, however.

Good flick! It is up there with Dr Strangelove and Fail Safe. The 50s were turbulent times with the McCarthy Hearings and the Dawn of the Nuclear age.

TSTR wrote:
This really is the 80s all over again. Russia is the BIG SCARY BAD, except now it's the left pushing it instead of the right.
A repeat of the McCarthy era with what is happening today; the red scare all over again. History not learned.

@ prfsnl_gmr - A sort of unrelated note, but I do love history. What did you think of President Eisenhower's farewell address when he mentioned the Military Industrial Complex? Powerful message when the video is watched, here is the Transcript as well.

Ah, the Trump News Conference has begun. Of course the first round of questions is on Russian hacks. Valuable News Conference time wasted, how about focus on what the nation wants to know; What Trump will do once he is President! :?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:41 am 
Next-Gen

CRTGAMER wrote:
@ prfsnl_gmr - A sort of unrelated note, but I do love history. What did you think of President Eisenhower's farewell address when he mentioned the Military Industrial Complex? Powerful message when the video is watched, here is the Transcript as well.

IMO, it is one of the great speeches of the twentieth century, and our society would do well to remember Eisenhower's words more frequently.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:59 pm 
Next-Gen

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:
IMO, it is one of the great speeches of the twentieth century, and our society would do well to remember Eisenhower's words more frequently.

Another worthwhile watch or two in case you missed it; I think I mentioned it somewhere else in the Forum.

The Fog Of War - An older and maybe wiser Robert McNamara candid interview on politics and war; how close we came with the Cuban Missile Crisis and his take on the Vietnam war. Throw in another very very good documentary Why We Fight which elaborates on Eisenhower's speech, look for the New York Police Sergeant input from the heart. I keep both together in one DVD case. :mrgreen:

Image Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, Trump tore CNN up at the News Conference this morning! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUyAk0bYps0

House Speaker Paul Ryan will be on CNN Town Hall on Thursday 9pm Eastern Time. To think I will skip Tucker Carlson to watch CNN! :?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:18 am 
Next-Gen

After thinking about it a bit more, one thing seems odd to me- unless there has been a misunderstanding on my end.

If they have known this so long, why wait until now? That could have gotten Kasich or Hillary or any of other preferable person in and kept him from getting it all.

Again, unless I've misunderstood.

PSN: Green-Whiskey

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5455 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 451, 452, 453, 454, 455, 456, 457 ... 546  Next