World is Falling Apart Thread (Locked forever)

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: World is Falling Apart Thread (Be nice;stop changing tit

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

CRT, your words are both unconstructive and derogatory. It's a matter of "deciding what sex" one is; it's a matter of one's gender - a completely arbitrary social construct that exists on a spectrum, not a binary - not matching one's biological sex. Furthermore, as maru pointed out, many transgender folks don't ever get SRS for a variety of reasons. I personally know several people whose gender is male but who opted not to change their sex to male through surgery and vice versa.

I encourage you to find some scientifically and psychologically grounded research so as not further to embarrass yourself and needlessly insult others.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Flake

Post by Flake »

I've got a great idea: Let's chill out and take a break on this thread for a bit, folks.

Let's all breathe deeply, maybe go for a walk, and generally just appreciate how wonderful life really is.

*locked for 24 hours*

Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Segata
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Segata »

This is a one off post and not intended to go into a huge debate.

I just need to get it off my chest. I'm a person who spent a lot of time in theater growing up. I met many gay people. Been to a gay funeral and a lesbian wedding. One of my best friends if Bi and a friend I have known for years is a transgender. I'm all for their rights. I often have fought for them. I'm a straight male. I think the ban is stupid. Many non combat jobs in the military if that's the concern. Even if they do want the front lines let them. That said my issue is more with society's reaction to this and non reaction to something else.

Trump tried to pass a bill that would have left millions of people to die by reducing and/or removing many peoples coverage. His proposed medicare bill would have left me without insurance and left me to die a slow painful death. Millions of disabled people. Far fewer people made a stink. Far less attention was given to something that could have left millions to suffer and die. The military thing is a huge asshole thing to do but the medicare one was so much worse. Why did society react like this? It greatly upsets me as a person with disabilities. The insane amount of suffering and pain before getting help from medicare is more tan you can imagine. I literally know pains worse than childbirth and became a textbook case because under the conditions I was my then new doctors never seen anyone survive what I did. It would have happened again if my coverage was removed or vastly changed. No amount of money would I nor could I do that again. No one seemed to care about us disabled.

End rant. Again a one off post.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Hi everyone!

So I am locking this thread permanently.

This thread was originally conceived of as a discussion on what was happening in the Middle East during the Arab-Spring. It has since become a place for forum members to abuse each other and I don't really need my screen name to be associated with that.

There is a larger problem on this forum as people are being chased away by a minority of forum members that are becoming more and more toxic and more and more unable to accept that views that stand in contrast with their own exist. This applies to members on both sides of the political spectrum. This problem will be sorted out in the not too distant future but I feel a good start is to cut this thread out.

I am beyond embarrassed that something I started became such a mess and made me reluctant to participate in a community I have been a part of for the better part of a decade. But here we are.

* Perma Locked *
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?