World is Falling Apart Thread (Locked forever)

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ack

Re: World is Falling Apart Thread (Be nice;stop changing tit

Post by Ack »

CRTGAMER wrote:WHY DOES CNN HAVE A FIVE SECOND DELAY IN THE VIDEO FEED! Older satellite "lag" or an automated delay to allow control edit for their agenda?

This is called "Turner Time." It's an old policy to run our shows slightly later so folks who turn to us won't then turn away because they will miss content. We used to do this on all Turner networks.

<- works for Turner.

Also, believe me, CNN doesn't have an agenda. Or I should say they don't have one beyond "annoy the metadata services department." Because believe me, if you could see how inept some things were in the TV world, you'd wonder how we ever got anything on the air to begin with.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Ack wrote:This is called "Turner Time." It's an old policy to run our shows slightly later so folks who turn to us won't then turn away because they will miss content. We used to do this on all Turner networks.

<- works for Turner.

Also, believe me, CNN doesn't have an agenda. Or I should say they don't have one beyond "annoy the metadata services department." Because believe me, if you could see how inept some things were in the TV world, you'd wonder how we ever got anything on the air to begin with.

That is interesting, thanks.

Looking over all the fire, it is silly when the main coverage now keeps going over the Spicer Press Conference, busted by the initial bust reporting. The Women's March was huge and sadly most video shown was the emotional hate by the celebrities. Priorities on News all screwed up, the Women's March interviews that had solid issues only popped in very small sound bites.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

No links, no evidence, just my opinion as an educated adult after soaking in all of the available information:

As much as I agree the media should be responsible, I fear that the president is pushing for a government controlled media...similar to non Democratic countries. I worry next that if I speak any ill towards the president I may be taken unexpectedly in the middle of the night leaving my children wondering where I am. (Last sentence was 85% sarcasm.)

As soon as I see the White House acknowledge, call out, and blacklist a "pro Trump" media biased news source for reporting non factual information my fear will continue to grow.

EDIT: Just an FYI - my statements in here are not pro democrat or republican, just my opinion. I did teach my children, after coming home repeating many statements other kids repeated from their parents at school, that no person elected to be the president does not intend to harm the country. Instead every person who runs for president has good intentions, just different methods to implement their ideas and improve the country.
My children will respect the president no matter who is in the office as they do the flag and the country as a whole. We stand and remove our hats when the national anthem is played on televised sporting events. We are Americans and are proud to be so.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

SpaceBooger wrote:No links, no evidence, just my opinion as an educated adult after soaking in all of the available information:

As much as I agree the media should be responsible, I fear that the president is pushing for a government controlled media...similar to non Democratic countries. I worry next that if I speak any ill towards the president I may be taken unexpectedly in the middle of the night leaving my children wondering where I am. (Last sentence was 85% sarcasm.)

As soon as I see the White House acknowledge, call out, and blacklist a "pro Trump" media biased news source for reporting non factual information my fear will continue to grow.

Agree freedom of the press must never be controlled by the Government. On the other hand, one must also be aware of the news controlling the public with what information they choose to cover and hold back. The worse is when some affiliates have an inside track, that certainly is not impartial. Sean Spicer set the stage pushing for honest coverage or he will not answer questions.

Referring to the Brady Room, Government Control already happens. Limited seating decided by the current administration invites. Spicer in attempting a larger room to increase the press pool diversity got falsely accused of kicking the media out of the White House which has also added to the fire. No reporter already in the press box wants increased competition taking away their time in the asking questions, the reason why the panic of being relocated to a larger room.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

CRTGAMER wrote: Sean Spicer set the stage pushing for honest coverage or he will not answer questions.

You can't push for honest coverage and lie at the same time.

Spicer said, "We know that 420,000 people used the D.C, Metro public transit yesterday, which actually compares to 317,000 for president Obama's last inaugural."

Spicer's number for ridership on Friday was actually low -- the correct number, according to Metro itself, was 570,557. But there were actually 782,000 trips taken for Obama's second inaugural in 2013.

"This is the first time in our nation's history that floor coverings have been used to protect the grass on the Mall," Spicer said, claiming that this "had the effect of highlighting areas people were not standing whereas in years past the grass eliminated this visual."
In fact, coverings were used for Obama's second inauguration in 2013.

"This was also the first time that fencing and magnetometers went as far back on the Mall, preventing hundreds of thousands of people from being able to access the Mall as quickly as they had in inaugurations past," Spicer said.
In fact, a United States Secret Service spokesperson told CNN, no magnetometers were used on the Mall.

:| :| :| :| :| :|
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

If I had a table I would flip it. Dave I feel your frustration.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
jp1
Next-Gen

Post by jp1 »

CRTGAMER wrote:
SpaceBooger wrote:No links, no evidence, just my opinion as an educated adult after soaking in all of the available information:

Agree freedom of the press must never be controlled by the Government. On the other hand, one must also be aware of the news controlling the public with what information they choose to cover and hold back. The worse is when some affiliates have an inside track, that certainly is not impartial. Sean Spicer set the stage pushing for honest coverage or he will not answer questions.

Referring to the Brady Room, Government Control already happens. Limited seating decided by the current administration invites. Spicer in attempting a larger room to increase the press pool diversity got falsely accused of kicking the media out of the White House which has also added to the fire. No reporter already in the press box wants increased competition taking away their time in the asking questions, the reason why the panic of being relocated to a larger room.

The only news sources you ever claim (as a Trump mouthpiece) are corrupt are those that don't favor your position. I mean if you are going to be fake, at least be less transparent about it. You saw that list of which media outlets are most reputable, still if Donald Trump would claim that any of even the most reputable sources known for their integrity was corrupt, you'd accept that as a fact immediately and be in here defending his position.

You see, I don't have a problem with all Republicans, all Conservatives, or even all Trump voters. It's those lifelong party affiliates that can't unravel the universe for themselves and see the world as it is, but rather only see what is presented to them by their own dictator that frustrate me. You continually ignore peoples points and post more of the same regurgitated garbage. If we wanted to hear what these people had to say, or listen to them whine over something as arbitrary as inauguration attendance (ego much?), we would tune in ourselves. At least then the information would be presented in a less annoying manner.

Even with all the annoyingly long, bold font, extensively self quoted, and extraneous posts you are making...people still offer you the courtesy of a response. You ignore all opposing positions and continue to spout propaganda. We need a Re-tweet Trump thread specifically for you. Perhaps you feel I'm being rude? I feel you are intolerable, constantly bashing people who don't share your extremely limited world view. You refuse to scrutinize anything that falls under your already established purview. That, I'm sorry to say, is just plain ignorant.

You are lauding social media as the end all source for all important information for goodness sake. Do you even start to understand how ridiculous that is? It's a fucking phone app designed for teenagers. Ugh! :x

I'm back out. I had to vent, this shit is just so stupid.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Geeze so much hate. As mentioned earlier, I read all the posts and reply only if real discussion and not endless name calling. My form of reply many times are just more news that I feel strongly about, sometimes tied to the recent replies and sometimes new agenda.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Obama Care Repeal
President Trump's first Executive Actions are the one time military waiver for retired General Mattis, a freeze on any new Regulations without Congress approval (thankyou!) and the initial changes of repeal and replace Obama Health Care Act. Though the replacement Health Care does not appear to have price controls on the high costs of medication, the nation wide insurance option breaks up monopolies in each state.

I thought that initial signing of the Health Care was just a starter locking out any new regulations to Obama Care. Turns out it has some real meat, rescinding the worst aspect of Obama Care, the penalties to individuals and companies. :mrgreen:

1. No more fines for not obtaining Health Care (unclear yet for 2016 tax return).

2. Part time workers no longer restricted to just a 20 hour work week due to businesses mandated offering health care for over 20 hours. This affected many smaller business cutting work hours and layoffs and forced people to work two part time jobs.

My daughter works part time due to also going to college. She was on our retired military TriCare until recently since she turned 26. There should be a waiver for college students to continue on parents plans until they graduate! We had paid thru Tricare and now she will have to apply thru Medicade coverage paid for by Tax Payers! Though free, I would prefer her to have stayed on more reliable TriCare. :?

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/trump-executive-order-affordable-care-act/

How Trump’s executive order impacts future of the Affordable Care Act

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s first executive order targets the sweeping “Obamacare” law by giving federal agencies broad leeway to chip away at the measure. But Trump still needs Congress to do away with the law for good. Trump signed the executive order in the Oval Office Friday, hours after being sworn in as the 45th president of the United States. The one-page directive gives agencies authority to grant waivers, exemptions and delays of provisions in the Affordable Care Act. But until it becomes clear what steps federal agencies take as a result, its full impact on Americans and their health insurance is uncertain.

Q: What does the order do?
A:
Trump’s order states that federal agencies can grant waivers, exemptions and delays of “Obamacare” provisions that would impose costs on states or individuals. That language appears to be aimed squarely at undoing the law’s unpopular requirement that individuals carry health insurance or face fines — a key provision of the measure former President Barack Obama signed in 2010. It’s not spelled out whether the IRS could waive the fines for failing to secure coverage and the White House has not explained how it wants agencies to respond to the order. The measure also directs agencies to stop issuing regulations that would expand the health care law’s reach. And it says the federal government must allow states greater flexibility in carrying out health care programs.

Q: What is Congress’ plan for the Affordable Care Act?
A:
With Republicans in control of both the White House and Congress, undoing Obama’s health care law is at the top of the party’s agenda for 2017. There’s broad agreement among Republicans that the law should be repealed. But lawmakers are far less unified about what should take its place and how quickly a new measure should take effect. The president has said he wants to keep some of the measure’s more popular elements, including allowing young people to stay on their parents’ insurance until age 26 and preventing insurance companies from denying coverage to people with pre-exiting conditions.
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

marurun

Post by marurun »

Trump's executive actions on the ACA has the potential to have several negative effects:

1) Cause some insurers to pull out of marketplaces due to uncertainty, limiting choice and raising prices.
2) Raise premiums if enrollments stall due to removal of the individual mandate.
3) Raising health care costs if the end result is that fewer people have insurance due to hospitals performing procedures which then won't be reimbursed.

Most of the ideas offered by Republican lawmakers for replacement medical plans are also pretty blah. They would largely shrink the number of insured, raise insurance and procedure costs as a result of the smaller number of insured, and make insurance unattainable again for those very close to the poverty line.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

dsheinem wrote::roll:

CRT: Regardless of your characterization of his remarks or the role of Twitter, the press, etc. can you at least acknowledge that Spicer's claims about attendance were full of shit?

How much evidence demonstrating that he had unequivocally lied would it take for you to agree with me?

What would you then do with that knowledge?

dsheinem wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote: Sean Spicer set the stage pushing for honest coverage or he will not answer questions.

You can't push for honest coverage and lie at the same time.

Spicer said, "We know that 420,000 people used the D.C, Metro public transit yesterday, which actually compares to 317,000 for president Obama's last inaugural."

Spicer's number for ridership on Friday was actually low -- the correct number, according to Metro itself, was 570,557. But there were actually 782,000 trips taken for Obama's second inaugural in 2013.

"This is the first time in our nation's history that floor coverings have been used to protect the grass on the Mall," Spicer said, claiming that this "had the effect of highlighting areas people were not standing whereas in years past the grass eliminated this visual."
In fact, coverings were used for Obama's second inauguration in 2013.

"This was also the first time that fencing and magnetometers went as far back on the Mall, preventing hundreds of thousands of people from being able to access the Mall as quickly as they had in inaugurations past," Spicer said.
In fact, a United States Secret Service spokesperson told CNN, no magnetometers were used on the Mall.

:| :| :| :| :| :|

I hope you weren't referring to ^ with v
CRTGAMER wrote:Geeze so much hate.

Still waiting on answers to those before wanting to discuss/hear about something else with you...